VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

chinese water dragon info. i need help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ax2austin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ax2austin

chinese water dragon info. i need help Empty
PostSubject: chinese water dragon info. i need help   chinese water dragon info. i need help EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:32 pm

ok so i went to a guys house looking for a snake i was interested in and upon getting there we saw this chinese water dragon that was in really rough shape. im talking mouth rot, his left eye looks to be all scratched up, missing most of the spikes that are supposed to be going down his spine and very under weight, and looked to be having shedding problems for sometime now. well anyways long story short we ended up leaving with him instead of the snake i was looking at. im looking at good diet, what i can do for his mouth rot, and what to do about his eyes. these are not my specialty reptile so i know little to nothing about them but i didnt want to leave him there. any info would b great. thank you.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: chinese water dragon info. i need help   chinese water dragon info. i need help EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Thats what gets me in trouble. Anytime I go somewhere and if there is an animal that looks bad I have to take it, or else you know it will die...

On the eyes you can use a antibiotic ointment (not cream) like Terramycin

Flush the mouth with chlorahexidine or betadine (.025-.50% solution) and try to get any debris off and out of the mouth. If you have antibiotics, you should probably start them.

Repti-Aid makes a powdered supplement for herbivores, omnivores or carnivores, that I have used on occasion, if they won't or can't eat anything else. You mix it with a little water and squirt it in with a syringe.

I hope this helps and he gets better Smile
Back to top Go down
LikeTwoStars
LikeTwoStars

PostSubject: Re: chinese water dragon info. i need help   chinese water dragon info. i need help EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:01 am

How is your dragon doing?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.367750529915606.96032.1
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: chinese water dragon info. i need help   chinese water dragon info. i need help Empty

Back to top Go down

chinese water dragon info. i need help
Page 1 of 1