VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tertius
Tertius

Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons   Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:18 pm

I was wondering how everyone, who has owned one of coarse, liked there Chinese water dragoons, and to see if they had as much attitude as iguanas. Second, I just recently found out about sailfin dragons. I wanted to know if anyone has ever own one, and pretty much everything about them. I have enough on my hands right now with my two baby bearded dragons, and will probably not look at getting anything for at least a few years, but ever since I heard about sailfin dragons it spiked my interest about them and want to know more about them. Also, which one of these would you prefer from your experiences?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons   Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:44 am

I've only had a chinese water dragon for short time now and I like the little feller. I'm not sure if I got a good one or not, but he doesn't act anything like the little iguanas we had as kids. This guy doesn't really like to be held at first, but won't whip his tail and kind of gives up after 10-15 seconds and will just lie in your hand.

I've been working with mine to become a social animal I guess (can't think of another term), where he can just hang out in the snake room with me and not get spooked. In just a week or so he is already hanging around the window and on the rat racks. Quick and surprising movements will scare him, but as long as I move at a reasonable pace, he will let me walk past him, pick him up and work around him. I think it will only get better with time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons   Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:37 am

I want to see pics Nick... I've been dying here. He sounds pretty freakin awesome... I need a bigger house like ASAP so we can get all the critters I keep hearing/reading about lol.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons   Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:14 pm

I need to get a camera but everytime I have the extra spending cash... I buy a snake. Hmmm, camera or morph. Now if camera's made babies... I'd be in the business.

BTW, one more thing about the chinese water dragon, here are some good guidelines for purchasing one and if you toy aroundon the site, you can learn a lot:

http://www.triciaswaterdragon.com/purchase.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons   Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:29 pm

Ooo I likey... they are so stinkin cute...! I think we need one now... thanks.
Back to top Go down
Cupcakemafia
Cupcakemafia

PostSubject: Re: Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons   Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 10:05 pm

I would also like to know as well, We are planning on getting a chinese water dragon and a sailfin in the fall( we are building custom enclosures for them)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons   Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons Empty

Back to top Go down

Sailfin and Chinese Water Dragons
Page 1 of 1