VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Water Dishes

Go down 
+3
Focal
smb2585
ClarkeReptiles
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

Water Dishes Empty
PostSubject: Water Dishes   Water Dishes EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:45 am

I saw the post below about deli cups for water dishes and I figured I'd post up what I use. I have 4 cats. They are on a grain free diet but on occasion I'll give them some wet food. Usually Meow Mix (in the little plastic yellow cups) I save each and every one of those cups, wash them several times (until they no longer smell like cat food) and then wash them some more. After I'm satisfied they are well cleaned, I use them as water dishes for my hatchling ball pythons and other small snakes. These little cups are even dishwasher safe so they are reusable. Or, if I don't feel like washing them, they didn't really cost me anything since I was going to buy them anyway for the cats, I can just throw them out. I now have about 30 of them that I use.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

Water Dishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Dishes   Water Dishes EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:20 am

I use glass bakeware from Dollar Tree for our small and baby hatchlings.

I dont have any pictures but can take a picture later.
For our larger snakes, I go to TJ Maxx and Ross and Marshalls and look in the pet isle and pick up the animal food dishes that would cost me $8 or $9 at a pet store. They are only like $3 or $4 there. Smile

Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Water Dishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Dishes   Water Dishes EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:52 am

Stephanie, do they look like this:

Water Dishes 3F257005-26B1-4502-84D0-1E0427FFFF41-7136-0000077B5D6C45D7
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

Water Dishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Dishes   Water Dishes EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:13 am

That picture looks mighty familiar....
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

Water Dishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Dishes   Water Dishes EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Nope, they are like little soufle kind of baking dishes, they come in blue, red, yellow and white. Round and oval shaped and they are glass/ceramic type heavy material. We use them in the hatchling rack and then some of the smaller BPs that don't yet require a semi bigger bowl. I have an extra one on my microwave at home. Ill snap a picture when I get there this evening. They are not REALLY deep so I think it's good for the hatchlings because they are easy to get either in or drink from.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

Water Dishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Dishes   Water Dishes EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Water Dishes Waterb10

Water Dishes Waterb11

these are the round ones we use. They are about an inch or an inch and a half high. not sure of the diameter but they fit in our hatchling rack well with room on both sides for the snake to get around.

Last edited by smb2585 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because I can't spell for crap)
Back to top Go down
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

Water Dishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Dishes   Water Dishes EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:08 am

I use old square pyrex dishes I got at the Salvation army - all under a dollar. They fit nicely in the corner and big enough for my 20" skinks to stretch out in.
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

Water Dishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Dishes   Water Dishes EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:18 am

I have the same ones Stephanie has except I bought the square ones so they fit in the corner. 1$ each at dollar tree.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

Water Dishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Dishes   Water Dishes EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:25 am

zues wrote:
I have the same ones Stephanie has except I bought the square ones so they fit in the corner. 1$ each at dollar tree.

Yep we got some square ones and over ones too. We use the sqaure ones in the hatchling rack and the others in the bigger racks. They are great for the smaller BPs
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

Water Dishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Dishes   Water Dishes EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:33 am

Saw a link recently of people using the wide bottom 8 oz mason jars as water dishes. I've been looking for them since. Apparently they're VERY hard to tip. I've been needing new water dishes forever :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

Water Dishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Dishes   Water Dishes EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:05 pm

The guy I bought my bluey from had a pretty cool idea. He had some sort of plastic ring superglued to the bottom of his tanks. Then he had plastic containers that fit in them for food and water. When he wanted to change them, he just lifted them out and replaced them with new ones.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

Water Dishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Dishes   Water Dishes EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 9:49 am

Probably PVC cap and piece of pipe or something a little bit bigger than it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Water Dishes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Dishes   Water Dishes Empty

Back to top Go down

Water Dishes
Page 1 of 1