VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Package Coming Tomorrow!

Go down 
+3
Lokielani
Jabberwocky Dragons
DaganGecko
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

Package Coming Tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:29 pm

As some of you know, I keep a number of gargoyle geckos and am working on breeding them, though none have begun laying yet (one has disturbed the lay box 3 times without eggs!).

A few days ago I chanced across an ad for a gorgeous highly colored gargoyle female, already breeding size and possibly gravid. Rashly I spent all of the money I have left on her! I couldn't let someone else have her, and I need a high color female to go with one of my future male breeders.

Although I've felt the hurt of the money, there is no regret: she should arrive tomorrow. I can't wait!

I do feel a little worried though. My boyfriend flew to Oregon this morning and forgot to leave me the mailbox key. We live in a condo, and out in the front of the condo house there is a stand with mailboxes for different people. I've suddenly imagined what if UPS puts the package in the mailbox instead of delivering it to my door, even though I gave the house address instead of the mailbox address? Then the gargoyle would be trapped in a locked mailbox for two hot days...

Do you think this could happen? Should I sit out by the mailbox area all morning tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:32 pm

I guess I should add that I have received two live animal shipments at this address, delivered to the door, even though one had been lost for a day because the dumb truck driver couldn't figure out where the condo was. I just can't remember if those geckos were shipped UPS, USPS, or Fed Ex.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:52 pm

If it's not too late, see if the seller will have it held for pickup at your closet hub. If they're West Coast, I doubt they've shipped yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Funnily enough I found some gecko boxes in the closet. It seems that I received shipments from both Fed-Ex and UPS delivered to the door. The seller dropped the package off at 12 but it has shipped out since she is East coast. I'm wary of asking them to hold it for pickup, because I don't know where the hub is and have heard of mixups (such as the gecko being delivered despite someone's request to hold it).

I am thinking it might be worth it to sit in my car with my Nook tablet and endure a couple hours for the safety of the gecko. Hah! If it is mailed for 10:30 am delivery, do you think waiting at 8:30 would be early enough?
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Exciting...but that sux about the key. I would do what Brian suggests or get a camp chair, book and some coffee and stake out the mailbox Smile
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:51 pm

I wrote mine while you had posted urs!
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Think postive, to the door and pictures for us.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Hey I guess you deserve pictures already!

Here is the recent seller picture. The gecko is fired down. The seller informs me that the garg is usually fired down like this, but that is not unusual. Unlike cresteds, most of my gargoyles only fire up if stressed or excited (i.e. taken out of the cage and handled, or in a cage with a mate). She is 55 grams and possibly gravid.

Package Coming Tomorrow! 6928149906_b5c0197e3c_z

I found some older photos from the seller of her half fired up and fired up:

Package Coming Tomorrow! 400019_10150467116307890_638402889_9295306_621958944_n

Package Coming Tomorrow! 320554_10150285370697890_638402889_8466888_873112226_n

Now below are geckos that are NOT mine and not purchased by me, but they are her offspring with a black and white male. Note...colored babies even though she was paired with a b & w male. I have some colored males, so she is sure to make some astounding stock!

Package Coming Tomorrow! X

Package Coming Tomorrow! 7019208421_e9cec736a6_z

(Another note: gargoyles do not fully color up until 6 months to a year of age...so these babies could even gain more color as they age)
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Looks really good, and I learned that they color up after six months, didnt know that.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Wow that's awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:04 am

Yeah, usually it applies to more "subtle" color. Like if one has orange blotches or stripes, you will know when it is first hatched, but whether the whole gecko turns red, takes time. One of my geckos was kind of a yellow gray when I bought it, and now at about 20 grams it turns BRIGHT pink, red, and orange.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:02 am

Looks beautiful Smile Hopefully the delivery goes well for you. I am sure it will. It couldn't hurt to stake out the mailboxes just to be safe
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:19 am

Apparently only USPS can access the mailboxes, so unless they just can't find the door to the condo, I should be good. Wink It does put my mind at ease that today is cloudy/rainy/cool, so even if she did get lost, she wouldn't overheat. Yay.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:50 am

Yes the weather is decent so no overheating should happen and it has been cool for the past couple of days too. Very excited for you!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Yay she's here! I just cleaned all of the gecko bins and took pics but it will take me a few days to get them edited and everything.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:26 pm

whooo HOOOO! Glad she arrived safely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 2:24 pm

iagree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Package Coming Tomorrow!   Package Coming Tomorrow! Empty

Back to top Go down

Package Coming Tomorrow!
Page 1 of 1