VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Richmond Laws Regarding Reptile Ownership

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

Richmond Laws Regarding Reptile Ownership Empty
PostSubject: Richmond Laws Regarding Reptile Ownership   Richmond Laws Regarding Reptile Ownership EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:16 am

I have lived in Richmond my entire life and I've been keeping reptiles for the past 5 years. My collection has grown quite a bit since 2006 and one day at my old job, months and months ago, one of my co-workers asked if I had a license to keep so many reptiles. I stated no, and she told me its a law in Virginia that if you have X number of reptiles you have to have a license.

Now I know someone mentioned you have to have a permit if you keep a certain number of corns or if you breed them. I want to keep myself legal and all so if anyone has any info on the laws and regulations regarding reptiles in Virginia (specifically the Chesterfield/Richmond area) I would greatly appreciate it. And also, if anyone knows how to go about getting this corn snake permit.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Laws Regarding Reptile Ownership   Richmond Laws Regarding Reptile Ownership EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:08 pm

I would PM Curio Creatures? I think that's his/her screen name, I'll have to double check but I think he was the one that mentioned permits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Laws Regarding Reptile Ownership   Richmond Laws Regarding Reptile Ownership EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Here's the permit for corn snake, eastern and mole kingsnakes: http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/forms/PERM/PERM-018.pdf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Laws Regarding Reptile Ownership   Richmond Laws Regarding Reptile Ownership Empty

Back to top Go down

Richmond Laws Regarding Reptile Ownership
Page 1 of 1