VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Garter snakes galore

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nocturnalnature
Established Member
Established Member

Garter snakes galore Empty
PostSubject: Garter snakes galore   Garter snakes galore EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 9:06 pm

Childhood memories make these guys one of my favorites to this very day.

Nice checkering
Garter snakes galore A2793da25552e85abfa5ffe15db8be3c_zps2fe502ce

A little less checkering
Garter snakes galore 74c53b7509a4dc428352e8abb3cc9a13_zps50f8b03d

Even lighter
Garter snakes galore 64c79f827aae29acd140552ea72c3a9a_zps47df2134

Interesting coloration
Garter snakes galore 2dd67f77fc0eb989a73e585675e9c9a0_zpsef81adaf
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Garter snakes galore   Garter snakes galore EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 5:06 pm

Good photos!
This erythristic specimen is from Chesapeake, VA
Garter snakes galore Red-easterngartersnake-kim-mack
Back to top Go down
Nocturnalnature
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Garter snakes galore   Garter snakes galore EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:03 pm

JW,
VERY NICE!
I don't usually field collect, but I'm pretty sure that one would have came home with me. Any idea if that is an isolated specimen or has there been reports of the variant popping up more than once in the area?
Back to top Go down
Jons2012pied
Jons2012pied

PostSubject: Re: Garter snakes galore   Garter snakes galore EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:27 pm

The last show I went to had albino garters for sale for only $40. I thought it was really cheap.
Back to top Go down
jareddtampa
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
jareddtampa

PostSubject: Re: Garter snakes galore   Garter snakes galore EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 11:09 am

Some awesome garters! Especially that erythristic!
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Garter snakes galore   Garter snakes galore EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 2:08 pm

Nocturnalnature wrote:
JW,
VERY NICE!
I don't usually field collect, but I'm pretty sure that one would have came home with me. Any idea if that is an isolated specimen or has there been reports of the variant popping up more than once in the area?

That's a good question and unfortunately we don't know. We have received several reports of pink snakes in the area, but we don't know if people are seeing the same snake or different individuals. No juveniles have been reported.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garter snakes galore   Garter snakes galore Empty

Back to top Go down

Garter snakes galore
Page 1 of 1