VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which phone company owns your soul?

Go down 
+5
Lokielani
Focal
Deedle
Don
rocialhabit
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rocialhabit
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
rocialhabit

Which phone company owns your soul? Empty
PostSubject: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:07 pm

So I am thinking of getting a crackberry. I am in a very business heavy job. Lots of emailing and memos and so on. And I have heard a lot of people say that a black berry would be a good phone for such occasions. Anyone here have any experience with them? Good or bad?
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:12 pm

I used them for many years and will never go back. In fact, I owned one of the very first Blackberries sold in Virginia. BB is teetering on failing because they didnt keep up with technology. I would look at other options if i were you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:43 pm

I work in IT the majority have Droid or Iphones just like everywhere else.

We have one guy that has a Blackberry and swears by it however it doesn't provide the amount of support as the rest.  

Apple vs Droid

I use to own a Droid, actually I went through 3 of them, and got sick of dependability terrible battery life, OS problems.  I've always disliked Apple, but I decided to take the plunge and couldn't be happier Performance wise the Iphone 5 has everything I could possibly want in a phone.  

Will I stick with Apple - depends on what Windows phones are doing in the next couple years I really like the current Nokia windows phone.  Apps are the thing that kills it, such a small app market.

I guess for now Apple has me, but Ill happily go else where
Back to top Go down
rocialhabit
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
rocialhabit

PostSubject: Re: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:48 pm

I am not too worried about Apps. My phone is mainly for checking email, texts, and calls. Of course checking out facebook and some online browsing doesnt hurt. But I dont really feel the need to play any games on my phone.
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Apps for me are huge, because I may have to work off my phone considering the field I am in. Not so much gaming apps but productivity, and apps of software we use.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 11:22 pm

I had a BB before the first iphone came out and had nothing but problems.  I literally had to throw the phone on the floor of my truck to get it to work sometimes.  I've had every iPhone and have never had an issue that I didn't cause.  

They are easy to work on and rebuild to freshen up for a resale.  I have also never paid for an iPhone except the first one.  The resale value is so good, everytime I upgrade to the new iphone, I was able to sell my prior iphone for at least the $200 copayment for contract renewal.  

With AT&T, the LTE is unbelievably quick and faster than my home Internet when browsing.  LTE does tend to lag once in a while but every great thing has its cost.  Every year I tell myself I want to try a new phone but I find it hard to change something that just works so well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
rocialhabit
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
rocialhabit

PostSubject: Re: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 11:30 pm

I am with verizon because in my area it has the best coverage. I find myself in a lot of back woods area because I visit a lot of construction sites due to my job. So whatever phone I get it has to be through verizon... well I say it has to be but they have the best coverage for where I am. So you know what I mean. Wink I have heard good things about the iPhone. But I have never owned an apple product before.
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 11:35 pm

Wow your LTE is faster than your home network that would drive me crazy! (I pay for a fast home network) no choice working from home so often.

And yes Verizon has the best coverage in Central VA
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 11:41 pm

I agree.  AT&T's service has been good, but I lose signal more than my Verizon friends when I'm in the country.

Dylan, I never owned an Apple product before the iPhone nor any other apple product since.  It is very user friendly which I also believe is part of its downfall.  Easy to use, but you aren't in control LOL. It is what it is unless you jailbreak (or so I'm told).

Deedle wrote:
Wow your LTE is faster than your home network that would drive me crazy!  (I pay for a fast home network) no choice working from home so often.

And yes Verizon has the best coverage in Central VA
Yep, but I am only paying the $40ish package through Cox down here.  I could upgrade, but my cell is still faster and cost less.  I rarely use the computer anymore Smile

Last edited by Focal on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
rocialhabit
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
rocialhabit

PostSubject: Re: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 11:45 pm

I have heard that Nick. Any of my friends who do have a iPhone say you have to jailbreak it to get any sort of enjoyment out of it. As to the truth to this I do not know... All in part my work is paying for me to get a new phone that I can use for business related stuff. I know stuff is so specific XD. They essentially gave me a expense report and said get whatever I see fit as a new phone that will fit my needs.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 12:06 am

I'm with us cellular and have a Motorola something it's whatever the newest razor is called that came out last yr. I like the phone, the data package is worthless to me because I have an ipad and laptop. I got it mainly for the reception, I get service everywhere...city, boonies, boonies in other states...I love it. My husband says absolutely not a blackberry he was a tech for them for a long time and says don't do it! iPhone or any of the newer droid phones is what he suggested Smile
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:18 pm

I have a droid and I really like it. My battery isn't that great, it lasts two or three days if I'm not playing music and using internet and games and stuff. It's not a huge deal for me.

There are all the apps that I need. Not that I really need anything more than candy crush, but I can pretend.

I do enjoy the options for customization. I downloaded a program that allows me to do some basic programming to automate my phone. I can set it to do stuff like detect when I'm driving and read my texts out loud, forward text to e-mail, turn off sound at a certain time, turn on wifi when I get home, etc. My all time favorite is a program that sets the background of my phone as the nasa picture of the day. Such a little thing, but I love getting a new pic everyday.
Back to top Go down
megkel
Established Member
Established Member
megkel

PostSubject: Re: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 8:50 am

I had a Driod with Verizon before moving to this area because AT&T had horrible service where I was at. I had SO many issues with Verizon. I always set up auto pay and with Verizon it always seemed like "something" would happen to charge me a late fee. Once I broke the phone and while it was nice I didn't have to go to the store to replace it, I had to wait for the replacement to come through the mail. I don't think they do in store replacements, although that might be with everyone I don't know. The coverage was better however the plan was a lot higher. Now I am on AT&T and pay less for 2 iPhones than I did with Verizon with one smart phone and one just basic phone. As far as the Driod part goes I am not very tech savy so I feel that a lot of the features were wasted on me. I basically use the phone for pictures, email, facebook, snake forums, and looking around online. The whole time I had Driod I wanted to go back to iPhone.

Now I'm back in civilization I went back to AT&T. The 4G is awesome and it's so fast. I can be on a phone call and look something up online without to much wait time. I am much happier to be back to AT&T and iPhone.

Back to top Go down
scalyfoot
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:41 pm

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S III, through Verizon, and I think it's great. Large screen (for those of us with big fingers), lots of perks. Have been with Verizon for a long time and have had no problems at all. No dropped calls, no service problems, no reception problems when traveling. Happy, Happy, Happy!! Wait, is this phone-related or wine related?? Seriously, no probs with phone or service company so far. Both daughters have iPhones, however, and they both swear by those.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:43 pm

I'm good y'all can have the contracts with em I've noticed mostly all of them have not so good customer service...
I'm cheap so I'll either use my tablet to do things while away from home using a mobile hotspot as for a phone it's simple Straight Talk can use about any phone on the market and it's unlimited everything for 45$ or 60 to include international calls... I usually go with their online and get the service for 1 whole year I forget what I pay but when I broke it down into monthly installments it was cheaper that any other carrier out their....
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Cp3_Pythons wrote:
I'm good y'all can have the contracts with em I've noticed mostly all of them have not so good customer service...
  I'm cheap so I'll either use my tablet to do things while away from home using a mobile hotspot as for a phone it's simple Straight Talk can use about any phone on the market and it's unlimited everything for 45$ or 60 to include international calls... I usually go with their online and get the service for 1 whole year I forget what I pay but when I broke it down into monthly installments it was cheaper that any other carrier out their....
I outright paid for my phone and did this, I ended up paying less than Verizon, or At&t yearly I'm not capped on Data And I can work on it off wifi most of the time somewhere . And I bought the iphone5 so I spent quite a bit upfront but already paid itself off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which phone company owns your soul?   Which phone company owns your soul? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which phone company owns your soul?
Page 1 of 1