VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

was watching the news...

Go down 
+3
Don
Focal
byrd'sballs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

was watching the news... Empty
PostSubject: was watching the news...   was watching the news... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 3:17 am

So I was watching the news and saw something pretty interesting. A poll was done and 50 percent of Americans wanted to decriminalize marijuana 46 percent said no leave it illegal and 4 percent were uncounted. I was not counted. Anyways what are your opinions on the subject. :
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: was watching the news...   was watching the news... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:10 am

I say just decriminalize it. It's no worse than alcohol and that's not a criminal charge. I honestly think these outragous pharmaceutical prices would drop and it would help this health care crisis we are in. One reason medical expenses are so high, is because most of these doctors are legal drug dealers. People are addicted to these "legal" drugs and fuel this medical disaster. It's a closed market for medical professionals.

A while back my wife went to the doctor for a sore throat. He wrote he a prescription for liquid hydrocodone, the same stuff they gave my brother when he broke his jaw, but they gave her three refills WTF!?!? For a sore throat? Get them addicted, and they will return.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Don

PostSubject: Re: was watching the news...   was watching the news... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:28 am

I am assuming that is an on-line poll, since you stated you were undecided. Those on-line polls are not really reflective of American opinion. In other words, they are not statistically valid samples that can be extrapolated to the general population.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: was watching the news...   was watching the news... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:47 am

It would have no affect on my personal self either way but I know a few people that it would help. And Nick has a good point about the Doctor's. I mean I went to the doctor for a migraine last week, she gave me Vicodin, an anti-nausea prescription because vicodin makes me vomit, and a muscle relaxer, kept me out of work for a day (she wanted to for a week) and that was it. When I had a pretty nasty cold last year, I got Tussionex for the cough and to help me sleep??

I stopped goin to the psych doctor because all he wanted to do was pump pills down me.. I mean like 4 prescriptions... even with my copay, that plus my other meds that I need plus my kids inhalers/allergy meds was outrageous I couldn't afford it all.

I really think that it might as well be legalalized. Guns and Alcohol create more issues than anything. The only reason marijuana causes issues is because its "illegal" It could stimulate the economy lol
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: was watching the news...   was watching the news... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:06 pm

If it legalized, how will it effect your right to work.... Ie... We piss test you, fail ......no job....
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: was watching the news...   was watching the news... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:14 pm

I agree Steve their are going to be ways that it could negative impact on your life with pee test and what not but many people find a way around it. I just don't think people that use it should be jailed or fined for a substance that is less harmful then alcohol.

Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: was watching the news...   was watching the news... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:18 pm

smd58 wrote:
If it legalized, how will it effect your right to work.... Ie... We piss test you, fail ......no job....

I'm not so sure about that. Many employers could still prohibit its use, even if legal. The military comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: was watching the news...   was watching the news... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:20 pm

I agree but in this day and time someone will sue you because you fired them because its legal.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: was watching the news...   was watching the news... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:34 pm

Don wrote:
smd58 wrote:

I'm not so sure about that. Many employers could still prohibit its use, even if legal. The military comes to mind.

smd58 wrote:
I agree but in this day and time someone will sue you because you fired them because its legal.

yeah it doesnt matter how legal it is, the military will NEVER allow it...... im surprised they let us drink.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: was watching the news...   was watching the news... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Did you know that marijuana is the number one cash crop in the US? Billions of our tax dollars go to eradicate it every year. I don't touch the stuff. But, it sure looks like a big waste of money to me going after it and a hugh loss of revenues by not taxing it.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: was watching the news...   was watching the news... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:49 pm

I use to intercept drug traffic in the carribean. Trust me, we waste ALOT of money with very little results. The bad guys get returned and we see them again next time, just in a new boat.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: was watching the news...   was watching the news... EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:56 pm

Don wrote:
Did you know that marijuana is the number one cash crop in the US? Billions of our tax dollars go to eradicate it every year. I don't touch the stuff. But, it sure looks like a big waste of money to me going after it and a hugh loss of revenues by not taxing it.

i completely agree.... even if it was legal i wouldnt use it but it does seem like a gigantic waste. i would def vote to legalize it tho
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: was watching the news...   was watching the news... EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:09 am

I would vote to legalized it. I don't use it myself (used it once a long time ago and had a panic attack) but I have a few friends who would benefit from being able to use it legally for their medical problems.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: was watching the news...   was watching the news... EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:24 am

I don't see it ever being legalized, decriminalized yes, but not legal. There are so many other problems with this country that are going unaddressed and I don't see legal pot being up there as a priority.

I have seen violent crimes go with less punishment than a possession charge. The probabtion and recourse for not following through with treatment is far more severe than someone that assualts another person.

Possesion up to a certain limit should not be a criminal charge and just a monetary/civil penalty IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: was watching the news...   was watching the news... Empty

Back to top Go down

was watching the news...
Page 1 of 1