VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I guess it is good work if you can get it....

Go down 
+2
TheRealYoda34
Don
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Don

I guess it is good work if you can get it.... Empty
PostSubject: I guess it is good work if you can get it....   I guess it is good work if you can get it.... EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 4:58 pm

The NSA leaker (Snowden) is a high school dropout (finished his GED). Washed out of the Army when he broke his legs in training. Then he became a security guard for the CIA, then worked for a private contractor of the NSA. With those lofty credentials, he was making over $200,000 per year. Yes, our government is bloated. I remember when the time was a government job didn't pay much, but you had job security. Now you get the pay and the security.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: I guess it is good work if you can get it....   I guess it is good work if you can get it.... EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Its funny too because I'm in the military and make sh*t lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: I guess it is good work if you can get it....   I guess it is good work if you can get it.... EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:05 pm

TheRealYoda34 wrote:
Its funny too because I'm in the military and make sh*t lol
Wheres the damn like button when you need it
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: I guess it is good work if you can get it....   I guess it is good work if you can get it.... EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:13 pm

I work for the govt and I'm making less than I did as an E-5. My job required a doctorates in lieu of very specific experience and will never see six digits at its max. Not many general schedule jobs break six digits. This guy was a contractor for Booz Allen and our government paid them for the contract. Booz Allen paid him $200k. The downside that I see everyday is that contracts end and most of these people have a hard time finding another contract when they do. I work with several BA employees and BA put them in those positions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: I guess it is good work if you can get it....   I guess it is good work if you can get it.... EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:48 pm

I remembered seeing the Chicago public school teachers go on strike a few months ago, crying that they weren't paid enough.

Average Chicago public school teachers make over $80,000 a year plus 4 months paid vacation. They probably get a pension and free healthcare too.

The average non-government Chicago worker makes around $40,000 and is lucky to get 2 weeks vacation. Oh, and next year can expect a 100-400% increase in their insurance premiums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: I guess it is good work if you can get it....   I guess it is good work if you can get it.... EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

Yeah, isn't it terrible that teachers get paid vacation, but during the school year they get to take care of everyone's kids and are expected to teach them essentials like reading, writing, math, and science. Most have extremely high school loan debt, and on top of that get blamed because little Suzy or Timmy can't hold their life together. Last time I checked, the school year was longer than 8 months by the way!

Chicago Teacher Pay

School calendar

Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: I guess it is good work if you can get it....   I guess it is good work if you can get it.... EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:43 am

Also I will chim in a bit, in Chicago the average teacher makes 71,000 a year, BUT if you look at cost of living in downtown Chicago you will quickly realize they don't make sh*t, and please tell me they can live outside of the city and not pay the city price, and try and make it into the city in under 2 hours during rush hour every morning... I'm sorry but the teachers in Chicago are underpaid, trust me, I'm from there...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: I guess it is good work if you can get it....   I guess it is good work if you can get it.... EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 1:45 am

Sean, Beth was in Great Lakes and it was crazy like 11% tax on stuff and trafic oh the traffic i started going at night to avoid it
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: I guess it is good work if you can get it....   I guess it is good work if you can get it.... EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:31 pm

I just saw the news article that mentioned the information above on Snowden. It really seems like the point they were trying to make is, maybe more educated hires would be better at keeping unconstitutional secrets scratch

Is this something that should have been kept secret?
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: I guess it is good work if you can get it....   I guess it is good work if you can get it.... EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:06 pm

I don;t hae cable but from what i have read it really wasn't much of a secret, i know when that stuff with gay marriage happened people was talking about how no one paid attention to the other bills one about the MMO foods and the other about having to give your personal account info to your employer My wife and i decided if that happened she would delete her face book and add her friends to mine.....but we all have known big brother was watching... Part of living in the New US....what ever happened to protecting the people and country...now it's about money and power....
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: I guess it is good work if you can get it....   I guess it is good work if you can get it.... EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:26 pm

I deleted my Facebook long ago and you can still google and find the information I had entered. FB stores all that information too.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: I guess it is good work if you can get it....   I guess it is good work if you can get it.... EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:56 am

Since someone brought up Chicago school system, I thought this article was relevant:

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/06/60390-chicago-teachers-union-boss-blames-rich-white-people-for-school-woes/

It seems that Chicago has as many problems, if not more, than the Richmond city school system.  In yesterday's Times Dispatch, the paper printed parts of a letter from one of the school board members and she misspelled several words.  We really have to do better - stop blaming and start fixing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess it is good work if you can get it....   I guess it is good work if you can get it.... Empty

Back to top Go down

I guess it is good work if you can get it....
Page 1 of 1