VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Southwest Virginia Scorpion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChuckHurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ChuckHurd

Southwest Virginia Scorpion Empty
PostSubject: Southwest Virginia Scorpion   Southwest Virginia Scorpion EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:19 pm

Southwest Virginia Scorpion 6Z0L5ZQLNZ5HFHNHYHNHHR4HEZ8LBZ8LFH2HBZ5LPZLLGZHLCHLL2ZMH5ZLLNZ5LRRMLVZPHYH9H3H4L1Z7LAZ

Southern Devil Scorpion / Southern Unstriped Scorpion (Vaejovis carolinianus)
The only scorpion specis found in southwest VA.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChuckHurd.com
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Southwest Virginia Scorpion   Southwest Virginia Scorpion EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 8:13 pm

Interesting...I thought there were no true scorpions in Va
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Southwest Virginia Scorpion   Southwest Virginia Scorpion EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 8:28 pm

The A.K.A caroline scorpion (Vaejovis carolinianus) at one time may of been been found in VA, but the reports if I remember correctly were unverified. In recent history none have been reported in VA.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Southwest Virginia Scorpion   Southwest Virginia Scorpion EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 8:31 pm

Thats what I was thinking too John. I had searched sometime last year because my mother in law claimed that a tree beside her house was infested with scorpions (yes...that is what I have to deal with Smile ) I told her we didnt have scorpions here and she didnt believe me, but these are mostly found in Kentucky and Georgia correct?
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Southwest Virginia Scorpion   Southwest Virginia Scorpion EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Sorry, I don't know much about their distribution.

We do have pseudoscorpions in VA! They're pretty.....well they're just lame.
Back to top Go down
ChuckHurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ChuckHurd

PostSubject: Re: Southwest Virginia Scorpion   Southwest Virginia Scorpion EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Cant recall if I ever found one in VA proper, I have found then in TN many times. My great grand mother, who was a Cherokee and well versed in all types of animals had seen them on our farm near Castlewood, VA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChuckHurd.com
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Southwest Virginia Scorpion   Southwest Virginia Scorpion EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Can you eat them? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Southwest Virginia Scorpion   Southwest Virginia Scorpion EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 10:52 pm

hahaha...everywhere else eats scorpions why not here!

I have found pseudoscorpions while taking soil samples, they were cool to look at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southwest Virginia Scorpion   Southwest Virginia Scorpion Empty

Back to top Go down

Southwest Virginia Scorpion
Page 1 of 1