VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

please help me with my scorpion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MPayne
MPayne

please help me with my scorpion Empty
PostSubject: please help me with my scorpion   please help me with my scorpion EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 11:34 pm

I purchased a Asian Forest scorpion two days ago. This is my first scorpion. I have the suspicion that I bought her pregnant. I could be wrong and I am a novice with this creature. I looked up a bunch of information about this scorpion and their pregnancies. A lot of pictures seemed compatible, but I'm not sure. She seems bloated and she refuses to leave her water dish. This could be a sign of pregnancy, or possibly, I thought, maybe she is stressed out from moving into her new habitat. Anyhow, my avatar picture is the picture I took of her last night. Please, any suggestions, opinions or knowledge would be most appreciated. Like I said, I'm new to scorpions and could really use the help.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: please help me with my scorpion   please help me with my scorpion EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:01 am

Hi Mary. Unfortunately, there are not many scorpion experts here that I have seen. I would ask on arachnoboards as you may run into more people that have had this same experience. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Running_Elk
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: please help me with my scorpion   please help me with my scorpion EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi. I've purchased gravid scorpions on many occasions. Unless she is in a group, the best thing to do is to simply let her be. How warm is her environment? Make sure the humidity and warmth are correct.

She will raise them herself with no help from you. If she is stressed she could eat them. If she's in a group her group mates could eat them (if your species is even communal like the emperors are). When they shed into color as opposed to white, and start running around on the ground, separate them. As long as they're on her back leave them and her be.

That's about the simplicity of it all.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: please help me with my scorpion   please help me with my scorpion Empty

Back to top Go down

please help me with my scorpion
Page 1 of 1