VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.

Go down 
+3
Dementeddogz
Vergesseneins
Focal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  Empty
PostSubject: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:01 pm

I think I might start mixing the two.

Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  0027484F-A4ED-45B6-978A-3CE7E3728153-7451-0000023AADA58342

Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  5EA584A4-B323-4740-BC5B-8225CE2316A5-7451-0000023AA4ADBBE6
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:19 pm

id say kent only because i hear thatz wut th pros use...jus sayin
Back to top Go down
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Dementeddogz

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:27 pm

I personally use mazuri for our breeding colonies and have had good results
Back to top Go down
http://www.morphedout.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:31 pm

There are pros and cons to both. Mazuri with the lower protein is better long term for you adult breeders. The kent with the higher protein will grow your feeder a little faster. Kent is also a little cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Dementeddogz

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:37 pm

Yep, i just prefer mazuri because it seems to help with odor and seems to last longer. I order food for other animals though mazuri and have it delivered directly to house so works out best for me 9.99 shipping for everything Wink
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:35 pm

but it cost so much from mazuri to order does it not?
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:49 pm

I prefer Kent because
A. it is made in Iowa, where I am from so when I drive home I load up my van with a ton of it and make my wife hate me for 25 hours!
B. Mazuri has Ash in it.
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:15 pm

kaco wrote:
Yep, i just prefer mazuri because it seems to help with odor and seems to last longer. I order food for other animals though mazuri and have it delivered directly to house so works out best for me 9.99 shipping for everything Wink

is there any way I could get some bags from you after your next order?
Back to top Go down
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Dementeddogz

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:30 pm

BlackboxStar wrote:
kaco wrote:

yeah thats not a problem. Cheaper then Feed store, no shipping and nowhere near as long Wink I should be placing another order in a month or two at most. How many bags are you trying to get?
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:32 pm

kaco wrote:
BlackboxStar wrote:
kaco wrote:

yeah thats not a problem. Cheaper then Feed store, no shipping and nowhere near as long Wink I should be placing another order in a month or two at most. How many bags are you trying to get?

How much per bag?
Back to top Go down
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Dementeddogz

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:26 am

Depends on what you want, i use 6f and if i remember correctly a 50 lb bag is 26.49
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:32 am

mazuri is like $22 or $23 for 50lb bag at feed store with no delivery you just have to go pick it up (as long as it is in stock)
feed store mazuri =6 50lb bags for about $138
ordering from site = 6 50lb bags for $158 + 250 (shipping)= $416

9.99 for orders 50-100 pounds
If you order 2 bags at a time and get the 9.99 its $65 so to get six bags its still $195
195 at feed should get you like 8 bags

For just under $100 you can get 5 50lb bags of kent from feed store.

Please tell me if Im doing some math wrong of something because i breed my own rats and i also want to get the best deal i can but cannot see how ordering from them is cheaper. (unless you are spending more than $40 in gas to pick it up)
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:56 am

Mazuri is 20.47 here (was 18.95)
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:02 am

thot it was 22 my bad
Back to top Go down
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Dementeddogz

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 5:25 pm

Vergesseneins wrote:

Please tell me if Im doing some math wrong of something because i breed my own rats and i also want to get the best deal i can but cannot see how ordering from them is cheaper. (unless you are spending more than $40 in gas to pick it up)

I know most feed stores near me atleast dont keep it on hand but they will carry it if paid up front, and can wait up to a few weeks for it. Im out towards pungo so we have quite a few out here and ofcourse feed and seed off witchduck but ive had too many problems with their storage and bugs, I tend do use malbone if buying locally or tack store. What feed store are you finding locally that carries 6f for $20?

I bulk order feed for all my animals through mazuri so delivery makes it easier on me, and a couple bucks either way isnt going to kill me having it brough to my door opposed to my 10 mpg :-p
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Dementeddogz

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Ahh yeah i saw that post. Not local for me atleast an hour drive. I have a local feed store i frequent may start keeping bags on hand will update if can work out a decent price for anyone else in va beach.
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:39 pm

im here in va beach... please let me know
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Vergesseneins wrote:
im here in va beach... please let me know

Ahhh, you don't like the long, bonding trips to Suffolk cryingwithlaughter
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 3:28 pm

im fine with them...just wife was a little upset cuz the last person i went with kept hitting on me and even got me lunch
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Vergesseneins wrote:
im fine with them...just wife was a little upset cuz the last person i went with kept hitting on me and even got me lunch

And that person still went home alone!! Angry
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:24 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:34 pm

the only place i know around me is in suffolk and kent is 18.89 not sure about the other kinds tho its about an hour away from me if anyone knows a place near norfolk with the same price let me know thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.    Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Kent vs Mazuri. Opinions.
Page 1 of 1