VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why do Komodo dragons drool so much?

Go down 
+2
attack_donut
csaunde9
6 posters
AuthorMessage
csaunde9
csaunde9

Why do Komodo dragons drool so much? Empty
PostSubject: Why do Komodo dragons drool so much?   Why do Komodo dragons drool so much? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 2:57 pm

I was watching this komodo dragon documentary on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqsyjRrp6gw, it is actually pretty cool and informative, but I noticed Komodo Dragons drool like nonstop... Anyone know why is that?

Also, if you like reptile documentaries, look up Austin Stevens on youtube, he has quite a few good ones on snakes. They're like 40 minutes each and usually good quality Smile
Back to top Go down
attack_donut
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
attack_donut

PostSubject: Re: Why do Komodo dragons drool so much?   Why do Komodo dragons drool so much? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 3:37 pm

They are dreaming of eating the cameraman...
Back to top Go down
http://plaguedbethyangel.blogspot.com
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Why do Komodo dragons drool so much?   Why do Komodo dragons drool so much? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 4:33 pm

lol! 
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Why do Komodo dragons drool so much?   Why do Komodo dragons drool so much? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:46 pm

because they are "Venomous" but unlike snakes that have muscles to push out the venom the action of both jaws meeting pushes it out naturally. It then mixes with the drool so when it bites it "injects it". I watched a documentary about it last night lol. Now idk if they really are venomous but thats what the guy on the show said....said all monitors are.....and passed n his research i can see how the komodo is...since they found the glans in the head/jaw of a dead one at a zoo. give me a min i'll post a link to the video for you it's about meglania but they talk alot about monitors in it....and being a monitor nut...yu know i watched it lol
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: Why do Komodo dragons drool so much?   Why do Komodo dragons drool so much? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Southern_Comfort_Reptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Why do Komodo dragons drool so much?   Why do Komodo dragons drool so much? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Why is this in the classifieds and not in the "Snake/Lizard/Gecko Discussion"?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Why do Komodo dragons drool so much?   Why do Komodo dragons drool so much? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:50 pm

Moved!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
csaunde9
csaunde9

PostSubject: Re: Why do Komodo dragons drool so much?   Why do Komodo dragons drool so much? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 6:10 pm

Oh, sorry about that! I though I put it in the discussion one, guess I clicked wrong or did something wrong. My mistake!

I'll check out the link, I was unaware all monitors are slightly venomous, kind of hard to believe. But that makes sense about forcing it into the saliva.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do Komodo dragons drool so much?   Why do Komodo dragons drool so much? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do Komodo dragons drool so much?
Page 1 of 1