VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA

Go down 
+4
Focal
smb2585
smd58
zues
8 posters
AuthorMessage
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA Empty
PostSubject: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:50 pm

I was wondering if there is anybody in the area that can very consistently supply a large weekly rodent order. Something like this order 52 weeks a year. Of course price would also have to be comparable to the current supplier. Looking for a friend of mine. He is looking to find something closer because the gas to SC and back is getting a little pricey.

400 sm
300 med
100 lg
50 jumbo
100 pinkies
75 crawlers
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:13 am

Hampton mousey I don't have the number at home I can get it tomorrow night at work.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:08 am

http://www.hamptonmousery.com/

757-696-0801 - Robert

Otherwise I dont think anyone locally can provide that... we have a hard time just getting what we need for our 11..
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:39 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:43 am

smb2585 wrote:
http://www.hamptonmousery.com/

757-696-0801 - Robert

Otherwise I dont think anyone locally can provide that... we have a hard time just getting what we need for our 11..

Thanks that him, Ive gotten a few snakes from him also.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Matt May be able to get that order for you... He may need a week in notice to get that up and running to produce that... If you'd like I can get you his number Im not near my phone at the moment and never have been good with memorizing numbers.

Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 1:06 pm

Cp3_Pythons wrote:
Matt May be able to get that order for you... He may need a week in notice to get that up and running to produce that... If you'd like I can get you his number Im not near my phone at the moment and never have been good with memorizing numbers.

804-641-0247
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Thank's Nick.... and yup that's Matt Miller's number....
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Gotta be a pretty big operation for 1,000 rats a week! I buy from Matt and Robert but I think both of them would have to gear up to those levels of production. Robert's operation is in a warehouse in Hampton and a fairly large operation. He might be able to fill that with some notice. Matt has a garage size building that I've never been inside of, but not as big as a warehouse.

I think it may take both of them to fill a weekly order like that. If you become a regular customer of Robert, he delivers. Though he can be a little gruff at times. Matt is a great guy to buy from. Either way, that is a LOT of rats. I hope this order doesn't take all of their supply, because until I get my colonies up to speed, I still need a rodent source.

Good luck. I'd be interested to hear back if he could get that order filled here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:20 pm

Neither of those guys can CONSISTANTLY fill this order week in and week out. My buddy is looking for someone on the same scale as Mice Direct or Rodent Pro just closer to home.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:17 pm

That is what I was thinking. If neither of those guys are willing to step up production to those levels, I would call some of the Universities in the area and see where they get their lab rats from. MCV, UVA or VT should have a good supplier and he might be able to piggy back on their orders at those quantities.
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:55 pm

Most Universities and testing labs pay a premium for their rodents. Check out this link for lab rat prices. After clicking the link you will need to click on the pricing tab.

http://www.taconic.com/wmspage.cfm?parm1=740
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Don the place you go to get your rats from Matt is in Richmond right? If so that's not Matt's primary rat building... the actual location if Im correct where Matt and Shay breed there rats is at Shay's place. Where you go is just Matt's office more less...
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:37 pm

Sorry for posting twice back to back I know Im of No help at this point in time but around April of 2012 ( After the house is built and we move We're moving in Jan Feb ) I will be able to fill that order.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Thanks Clarence, Matt suggested that the rats were kept in the garage where I pick them up. I was wondering how he kept that many rats in that small facility.

Filling an order of 1,000+ rats per week would require a very large facility. Makes me wonder who has that many snakes that does not breed their own rats around here.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:03 am

I just got off the phone with Matt and he said he could handle that order the only one's he would have problems with are the Jumbo and Large... I do know Shay and Matt are expanding there rat building by a great amount....

And yea Don that's just where Matt keep's the rats to fill order's around here and for some other customer's he make's trip's to Shay's place to restock what he has there weekly or more as needed
Back to top Go down
ax2austin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ax2austin

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:13 pm

not to kill the thread but im lookin for some asf in norfolk area. any one got em please let me know
Back to top Go down
anacondaman123

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Ive gone through matt n shay..they have thousands of rats..i also buy pigs for my anacondas through matt miller
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA   Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA Empty

Back to top Go down

Any LARGE scale rodent breeders in VA
Page 1 of 1