VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My new rat racks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

My new rat racks Empty
PostSubject: My new rat racks   My new rat racks EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:14 am

I built these not too long ago and wanted to share them. They kicked my TAIL! I think I spent about 14 hours making both of them but I hope to reap the benefits soon.

My new rat racks 4bd80855
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

My new rat racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new rat racks   My new rat racks EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Looks good. Are those the small or large mixing tubs? What ratio are you running in each tub?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

My new rat racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new rat racks   My new rat racks EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 3:46 pm

zues wrote:
Looks good. Are those the small or large mixing tubs? What ratio are you running in each tub?

I don't want to call them small, but they were the 27.5"x19.75"x6" tub. I know there was a bigger tub than that but HOLY COW, that would be an extreme rack LOL.

Right now I am only running a single rat in eight of the tubs. I have some holdbacks (Very Happy) that I have to fill the other tubs with when they wean. I have thought about two females in each tubs but haven't investigated it much. Is it fairly safe to do?

Hey thanks again for that rat!! She was preggers and I have some fresh blood Smile
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

My new rat racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new rat racks   My new rat racks EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Those are the small mixing tubs. The grow out rack on the left side in building is the larger tubs. They are about 24" x 35". You have a little more floor space in your tubs than I do in my breeding tubs. I have good luck running 1.2 in my tubs. You might get away with 1.3 but you can definitely 1.2 with no problems. If you need more rats let me know but I don't have a lot of larger stuff because I am packing weight on my breeders for this upcoming season.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

My new rat racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new rat racks   My new rat racks EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:48 pm

i did a lot of research on that, the ratio of males to females in a single tub, and found more often than not that a 1:3 is best. not saying that all the sources i looked at were reputable, but they said the same thing over and over. so if your tubs have enough room in them id go with the 1:3, but im no expert Very Happy awesome job on the rack btw...... you wanna build one more? lol
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

My new rat racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new rat racks   My new rat racks EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Great Job Nick!!!
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

My new rat racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new rat racks   My new rat racks EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:52 pm

Aggred good job, look great
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

My new rat racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new rat racks   My new rat racks EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:02 am

Thanks!!

ezekiel21 wrote:
you wanna build one more? lol

lol! My buddy and I were talking about making more and listing them for sale. Towards the end of the second one we agreed that would be a bad choice. I've never been eaten up by misquitos so bad in my life. I had to borrow some saws to get it done, but I'll borrow them again when it gets cold and probably go back at it. It's hard to tell in the pics, but I made a lot of mistakes that hopefully I learn from next time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new rat racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new rat racks   My new rat racks Empty

Back to top Go down

My new rat racks
Page 1 of 1