VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New racks set up

Go down 
+8
dsteamn
mamasmarco
Vergesseneins
Don
Focal
Stray
smd58
zues
12 posters
AuthorMessage
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:00 pm

I finally got the racks I picked up at the Newport News show setup in my snake room. My snakes room is almost complete. Now I just have to replace the heat tape in two 11 high 41qt racks in my garage. They will replace the single 8 stack of 41qt tubs. Don't really look forward to that because those 11 high racks are heavy and a beast to work with. After that I'm out of room so I'm done. Feel free to post pictures of your setups.

New racks set up Racks
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Looks great. I use to be a I've got to see my animals all the time. Joe got me a rack and I've never looked back.
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:31 pm

Man that's amazing looking!! I wish I had a snake room. ONE DAY.

But seriously, though, looking good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:58 pm

I have a couple things in a few other places but this is the bulk of it.

New racks set up 7484D194-6F35-4D49-8E13-AA95B32DA696-7490-000002323688D5C8

Last edited by Focal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:18 pm

smd58 wrote:
Looks great. I use to be a I've got to see my animals all the time. Joe got me a rack and I've never looked back.

I had burms before I went back to the balls. Racks were one of the big draws to get back into ball pythons. When I get the last two racks in here I will have housing for 110 balls of varying sizes. With burms I could house 4 maybe 6 in the same space.
Back to top Go down
Don

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:54 am

Nice setup! Here's mine.

Adult set up, with hold back rack at the end:

New racks set up 665734_461364640568799_112879152_o

Another baby rack for those that are for sale:
New racks set up DSC01256

My rodent setup:

New racks set up 317715_461364477235482_1779313904_n

Incubator:
New racks set up DSC00878

And, my extra rodent setup:
New racks set up DSC00871
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:19 pm

don should not be allowed to post anymore pics....they make me feel bad Cool

all look great
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:43 pm

I wish I had a basement. My racks are in my snake room/home office. I keep my rats in a seperate outside building.

New racks set up DSCN4420
New racks set up DSCN4421
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 2:05 pm

wish i had shed for rats...i keep mine in garage
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 2:40 pm

I tried that but garage leads into one of the living rooms and the smell was rough when you were sitting around watching TV.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:54 pm

I see kermit and elvis
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:48 pm

Can't forget the master chief!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:19 am

I couldn't remember who that was. And that guy didn't cut them mustard. You a big player of halo?
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:08 am

Man this thread is killing me. Amazing set ups, guys!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:16 pm

This is all very intimidating...

Especially Don's setup, oh man..
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:18 pm

I'll have my rodent shed done by spring next year and it'll be running no matter what the weather's like outside..

And then i'll feel comfy enough to post some pictures..
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:21 pm

OMG. Are you kidding? These set ups are just crazy. Why do you guys want, or need so many? And how many rats do you go through to feed them all?
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:23 pm

breeders
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:06 pm

That is some serious work there. I was getting happy about my room becoming a reptile room, but I will have like 15 animals! They all look great though Smile
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:11 pm

dsteamn wrote:
OMG. Are you kidding? These set ups are just crazy. Why do you guys want, or need so many? And how many rats do you go through to feed them all?

I normally have 40-60 snakes at any given time. That # jumps to well over a 100 when eggs start hatching. I go through 50-100 rats a week of varying sizes depending on the time of year. I breed my own rats in the little shed pictured above. It costs me about 100-125 bucks a month to run my rat setup. I guess I'm considered a breeder but it's really just a hobby.
Back to top Go down
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 5:55 am

Holy cow. I had no idea you guys were THAT into your reps. I mean, I knew you guys owned a lot of then, but i had no idea they numbered into the triple digits. That's some serious stuff there.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:54 am

I reckon since everyone else is posting pic's I'll fallow suit after the new rack/rack's get in and everything is set up... should be another week or less... Smile
Back to top Go down
acl2790
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
acl2790

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:16 pm

Vergesseneins wrote:
don should not be allowed to post anymore pics....they make me feel bad Cool

Yeah, nice rack setup Don! I REALLY want to get a new ARS rack, but they're so expensive... but they seem to be the best quality and most durable, and durable is important because I move around a lot. Are you happy with them?

I also like Zues's rodent shed setup, well done!
Back to top Go down
Don

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:38 pm

I love them. Yes, they are expensive, but if you keep a snake for many years it works out over the long run. PVC Saggs after a few years and has to be replaced. With steel racks all you need to do is occasionally replace a tub.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Holy cow. I had no idea you guys were THAT into your reps. I mean, I knew you guys owned a lot of then, but i had no idea they numbered into the triple digits. That's some serious stuff there.
Back to top Go down
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Oops. I don't why my post went up twice. I guess that means I'm double impressed. tongue
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 1:07 pm

I use the PVC because I don't have a dedicated reptile building. The PVC tends to hold heat and humidity better because they are closed on three sides. My snakes are kept in my snake room/home office and in the winter the temps are in the high 60s. Some of racks are about 10 years old and still going strong. If you have PVC make sure you keep tubs in every slot to help prevent sagging. If I had a building for my snakes that I had better control of the heat and humidity I would definitely have ARS or FB racks. I agree with Don that the initial investment is worth every penny in the long run.
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:32 pm

My set up is not at the level yet of these, but my bedroom is quite enjoyable...

New racks set up Room10
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:29 pm

New racks set up Rack_r10

New racks set up Rack_r11

Racks are 10 slot 28 qt racks and a 8 slot 41 qt rack Incubator is sitting up on a nightstand had to move it to get the 41 qt rack in... smfh it was a job getting it into the room but it's in now LMAO.... in the next week or 2 I'm picking up a 8 slot 41 qt AP rack as well....

And the newest NON SNAKE addition I picked from a friend who could no longer take proper care of him due to his work schedule....

New racks set up Rack_r12
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:05 pm

Don't mind the mess in the reptile room I was in there all day moving and cleaning things... BTW when I come to this thread and look at some the setups... I can say yup that's where I want to be in 2 years looking at y'alls set-ups... They all look Great!!

Don' yours look super sweet or it may be that I've seen your set up Love those racks Smile
Zues the all black is where it's at... I prefer the black over white...
Nick you already know I love them Boamaster's.... just the weight issue Smile Reason I went to PVC cages.... Smile plus I needed bigger cages... LOL

I just have to figure something out bout rats now....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New racks set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: New racks set up   New racks set up Empty

Back to top Go down

New racks set up
Page 1 of 1