VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Route 10 Reptile Expo

Go down 
+17
Kittiekat149
jw
Focal
vferra7777
hiking325
Lokielani
Bobbykaizer
smb2585
smd58
Jabberwocky Dragons
Don
Docwade87
Galaxy ball
zues
Stray
derpinah
Cp3_Pythons
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
vferra7777

Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Reply to Route 10??   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Hello,this is Vinny from Route 10.

The very first thing I want to say is what Troy said, Thanx to everyone that came, responded "voiced" etc. It means there is "buzz" and "buzz" is never bad. Even bad "buzz". Hey, it made the Kardashians very very rich.....

We did have a show today, it was 14 days BEFORE the Richmond show. How many people on here believe that was because of malice and how many believe it was simply an open date on a high school teacher's summer schedule before vacation, an opening in the reptile schedule and an open date at the Chesterfield County Fairgrounds?

I personally try to stay out of these debates online but sometimes I can't because some just say silly things. Several of our customers at my shop and from the show are reading these things [this is why I am banned from Fauna] as well as OTHERS, and I cannot let it go.

Our small community, yes it is VERY SMALL, needs all the cooperation it can get or you will see many more federal and local bans, and this stuff is not helping at all. Do any of you know that Fish and Game and Local animal read these sites? This is where they get most of their "info/tips", because of OUR attitudes on a PUBLIC forum.

Please, everyone, me also. Let's build each other up, grow this SMALL HOBBY together and always understand that we are in the vast minority. Most other people do NOT understand us, do not like us and fear our "pets". remember your mother's words..."if you can't say something nice, just let it go". If there is a problem blame it on me Vinny Ferraiolo Off The Ark 804.426.3526 [my cell]. PLEASE do not post all that ugliness here, call me and get it off your chest. It will make you feel better and will not hurt the rest of us.

Have we learned nothing from the federal bans?
Back to top Go down
http://www.offtheark.com
Kittiekat149
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Kittiekat149

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:00 am

I had a nice time at Route 10. I got a few new critters. I don't see why someone who is the promoter of more then one expo would go to such great lengths to shut down a smaller show. If anything it should be seen as an opportunity to promote more. Isn't competition usually something that makes one strive to do better not push others away?
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:55 am

vferra7777 wrote:

Our small community, yes it is VERY SMALL, needs all the cooperation it can get or you will see many more federal and local bans, and this stuff is not helping at all. Do any of you know that Fish and Game and Local animal read these sites? This is where they get most of their "info/tips", because of OUR attitudes on a PUBLIC forum.

Let's build each other up, grow this SMALL HOBBY together and always understand that we are in the vast minority. PLEASE do not post all that ugliness here, call me and get it off your chest. It will make you feel better and will not hurt the rest of us. Have we learned nothing from the federal bans?

Vinny, I agree with this 100%. It would be nice if Galaxy Balls could lay off the snide remarks then about Larry and anybody else. Saying remarks like the "drama free" show is petty and so is saying remarks like "by the people, for the people." The Richmond show can also be a great expo where people can have fun and there's no need to put it down to elevate yourself. I have talked with Larry about what's going on and not once has he said anything snide about your show. He obviously disagrees with you but was very professional (at least in talking with me) about it and didn't put down your show or compare it negatively to his at all.

Galaxy ball wrote:
All that drama is for the birds, vendors just want to be at a place where they can have a good time, meet ppl and make some extra money. Just want to clear the air Route10 is for the people by the people we have no drama with anyone and if you would like to come and meet your everyday enthusiast please come and enjoy what we have to offer. Competition is what drives us to do better, we put this show together so the everyday enthusiasts or smaller scale breeders can have a show where everyone is equal.

Galaxy ball wrote:
Route10 is for the people and by the people, we are drama free and we enjoy being plane old reptile enthusiast.

Galaxy ball wrote:
Vinny and Troy reached out to larry plenty of times, larry said the only way to get along if we shut down route10. Don since you like to constantly bring this nonsense up why dont you play mediator. Vendors are putting there foot down so if you want to dwell on old news thats fine. Where moving forward, if you choose to let larry threaten where your allowed to vend i figure you should start there. Look at our vendor list and tell me thats not bringing the community together.

That was completely uncalled for in attacking Don. How on Earth can you post that post about building each other up when you post things like this? Every show with a vendor list brings the reptile community together. I have no idea what you're talking about. Why don't you focus on putting on a great show instead of putting Larry's show down in every post?

Galaxy ball wrote:
We dont talk bad about larry, we called larry plenty of times and asked what can we do to make this work and he said shut down route10. Larry have spread rumors, larry have made threats and where constantly battling some kind of situation. How can you make someone work with you if your only option is to shut down? It will not happen and wont happen, we started as a small show and where still a small show. We work hard and we try hard to make everyone happy. We did what we had to do, our britches are up baby. If he feel like our only option is to shut down I cant see it happening. Ask ourself one question can Conely herps say to larry, hey Carl gilmore is direct competiotion and I dont want him vending richmond anymore. Larry will tell you know he cant do that, it's about bills getting paid.

The following sentence after saying you "don't talk bad about larry" is just talking bad about Larry scratch

I don't have anything against you guys and would be more then happy to vend Route 10 expos in the future. I hope Larry lifts the vendor ban and both shows can be successful. One more time, I would really like to see your show grow wildly successful and give me other options to vend locally throughout the year, especially a Hampton Roads Show. However, I would also like to see you stop putting down Larry's show in every post Galaxy Ball makes as well as attacking other members here who voice any other thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:47 am

Jabberwocky Dragons wrote:
vferra7777 wrote:

Let's build each other up, grow this SMALL HOBBY together and always understand that we are in the vast minority. PLEASE do not post all that ugliness here, call me and get it off your chest. It will make you feel better and will not hurt the rest of us. Have we learned nothing from the federal bans?

Vinny, I agree with this 100%. It would be nice if Galaxy Balls could lay off the snide remarks then about Larry and anybody else. Saying remarks like the "drama free" show is petty and so is saying remarks like "by the people, for the people." The Richmond show can also be a great expo where people can have fun and there's no need to put it down to elevate yourself. I have talked with Larry about what's going on and not once has he said anything snide about your show. He obviously disagrees with you but was very professional (at least in talking with me) about it and didn't put down your show or compare it negatively to his at all.

Galaxy ball wrote:
All that drama is for the birds, vendors just want to be at a place where they can have a good time, meet ppl and make some extra money. Just want to clear the air Route10 is for the people by the people we have no drama with anyone and if you would like to come and meet your everyday enthusiast please come and enjoy what we have to offer. Competition is what drives us to do better, we put this show together so the everyday enthusiasts or smaller scale breeders can have a show where everyone is equal.

Galaxy ball wrote:
Route10 is for the people and by the people, we are drama free and we enjoy being plane old reptile enthusiast.

Galaxy ball wrote:
Vinny and Troy reached out to larry plenty of times, larry said the only way to get along if we shut down route10. Don since you like to constantly bring this nonsense up why dont you play mediator. Vendors are putting there foot down so if you want to dwell on old news thats fine. Where moving forward, if you choose to let larry threaten where your allowed to vend i figure you should start there. Look at our vendor list and tell me thats not bringing the community together.

That was completely uncalled for in attacking Don. How on Earth can you post that post about building each other up when you post things like this? Every show with a vendor list brings the reptile community together. I have no idea what you're talking about. Why don't you focus on putting on a great show instead of putting Larry's show down in every post?

Galaxy ball wrote:
We dont talk bad about larry, we called larry plenty of times and asked what can we do to make this work and he said shut down route10. Larry have spread rumors, larry have made threats and where constantly battling some kind of situation. How can you make someone work with you if your only option is to shut down? It will not happen and wont happen, we started as a small show and where still a small show. We work hard and we try hard to make everyone happy. We did what we had to do, our britches are up baby. If he feel like our only option is to shut down I cant see it happening. Ask ourself one question can Conely herps say to larry, hey Carl gilmore is direct competiotion and I dont want him vending richmond anymore. Larry will tell you know he cant do that, it's about bills getting paid.

The following sentence after saying you "don't talk bad about larry" is just talking bad about Larry scratch

I don't have anything against you guys and would be more then happy to vend Route 10 expos in the future. I hope Larry lifts the vendor ban and both shows can be successful. One more time, I would really like to see your show grow wildly successful and give me other options to vend locally throughout the year, especially a Hampton Roads Show. However, I would also like to see you stop putting down Larry's show in every post Galaxy Ball makes as well as attacking other members here who voice any other thoughts.

You couldn't have said all of this any better!!! Well put and I agree 100% with everything you have posted here.
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:11 am

I agree as well. This may be the internet but I'm used to a much more well worded, well founded, and mature outlook from those posting in this forum.
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm bummed that this is so mucked up :c
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
MADexotics
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
MADexotics

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:55 pm

BlackboxStar wrote:
This may be the internet but I'm used to a much more well worded, well founded, and mature outlook from those posting in this forum.

...amen...
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:01 pm

I reached out to Larry for details on the banning issue. I am not going into the details between the two promoters but looking to clear up the blacklist issue. If this is hurting Larry financially, banning members will only make it worse. Hopefully, it was just a heat-of-the-moment comment :/
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Galaxy ball

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Hey Nick, Sunday July 22nd Vinny and myself spoke to Larry and vendor ban have been lifted. Vendors are Now allowed to vend anywhere and we can vend richmond shows again. Route10 and Richmond Expo are Now working together. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Route10-Exotic-Reptile-Expo/223993
Don

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:26 pm

So are y'all vending on Sunday? This is good and welcomed news.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Galaxy ball

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Don we Will be there as Off The Ark, it really Is great news!!!. I wish I had BP's but my females Just started laying and The ones I hatched already are some power House combos i'm holding back.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:49 pm

Awesome news! I just got a reply from Larry confirming the same. Thanks for working this out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Galaxy ball

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:17 pm

Thank you and everyone else, hope to see All On sunday.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Great News! Looking forward to the next Route 10 (especially if you could work in a Hampton Roads one cheers )!
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:21 pm

It's really good to hear that, It really is I'm glad the vendor ban has been lifted and the "issue's" between the two promoter's of the show has been solved... Kinda made my day seeing and reading this!!!
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:57 pm

Galaxy ball wrote:
Hey Nick, Sunday July 22nd Vinny and myself spoke to Larry and vendor ban have been lifted. Vendors are Now allowed to vend anywhere and we can vend richmond shows again. Route10 and Richmond Expo are Now working together. Very Happy

Exciting!!!!!!! This is so awesome! I'm super excited to see everybody at both shows now cheers
Back to top Go down
diamondback
diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:42 am

Hello folks. This is Larry from the Richmond Reptile Expo. I want to start by saying that as of Sunday July 22nd Rte 10 & I have come to a good working arrangement by give & take on both of us. Anyone can vend at my show that wishes to regardless of where else they vend. In fact Off The Ark will be added sometime today to the vendor's list on our Richmond reptile Expo face book page. That should say it all. After reading all the posts here I must clear up a few things. Last July I cancelled the show due to a dtae change for the Myrtle Beach Expo not because I lost one vendor but because I had only 4 vendors besides myself.The rest were going to Myrtle. Secondly I don't run Hamburg & never said I would block folks from vending there. Why make a statement I can't back up. Thridly this is what I do for a living. I have no other job so yes it does pay my bills. I have some of the larger out of town vendors attending my show & if I want them to keep coming back they need to make enough sales to do so. Since this is what I do for a living if I thought the area would support more than 3 shows a year I would do more. Remember this show started in 1992 as a yearly event & has grown to 3 times a year. Enough said on all this. Don't expect to see me posting here as with 300 pythons & boas of my own & running 20 shows a year I hardly have time for my fasmily as it is. I just wanted to clear the air & let everyone know all is well between Vinnie, Troy & myself. Hope to see you all Sunday. Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www,mdreptilefarm.com
Don

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:59 am

Thanks to all for working this out! This is great news for the Richmond area reptile community. Good work guys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Nfarrown
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Nfarrown

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:10 am

Glad to hear things have been worked out between everyone. Looking forward to the show on Sunday!
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:52 am

diamondback wrote:
Hello folks. This is Larry from the Richmond Reptile Expo. I want to start by saying that as of Sunday July 22nd Rte 10 & I have come to a good working arrangement by give & take on both of us. Anyone can vend at my show that wishes to regardless of where else they vend. In fact Off The Ark will be added sometime today to the vendor's list on our Richmond reptile Expo face book page. That should say it all. After reading all the posts here I must clear up a few things. Last July I cancelled the show due to a dtae change for the Myrtle Beach Expo not because I lost one vendor but because I had only 4 vendors besides myself.The rest were going to Myrtle. Secondly I don't run Hamburg & never said I would block folks from vending there. Why make a statement I can't back up. Thridly this is what I do for a living. I have no other job so yes it does pay my bills. I have some of the larger out of town vendors attending my show & if I want them to keep coming back they need to make enough sales to do so. Since this is what I do for a living if I thought the area would support more than 3 shows a year I would do more. Remember this show started in 1992 as a yearly event & has grown to 3 times a year. Enough said on all this. Don't expect to see me posting here as with 300 pythons & boas of my own & running 20 shows a year I hardly have time for my fasmily as it is. I just wanted to clear the air & let everyone know all is well between Vinnie, Troy & myself. Hope to see you all Sunday. Thanks

Thanks Larry!!!! It is really great that everythings been resolved
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:12 am

diamondback wrote:

cheers Thanks to all involved parties who were willing to talk this out! I'm so excited for both shows!! Smile
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:51 am

Glad its all good in the hood now Wink

smb2585
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:00 pm

This is great news. I applaud everyone evolved that put their differences aside for the betterment of our local reptile community. Thank you
Back to top Go down
vferra7777

PostSubject: Richmond Show   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:53 pm

Hello, Vinny from OFF THE ARK here. Had to tell it "straight from the horses mouth" that everything is great, we will be at the Richmond show this Sunday, thanx to Larry, with:

• CBB Caiman Lizards
  • Peruvian Boa babies
  • Veiled and Jackson Chams
  • Zebra, skeleton, red rump, red knee, thai tiger tarantulas
  • Scolopendra
  • Baby sulcattas
  • 5' Female Hypo False Water Cobra
  • Water and Horned dragons
  • 4' Painted and Yellow belly Turtles
  • Gargoyle and Tokay Geckos
  • etc....

It will be AWESOME to be back at the Richmond show, I have missed it a TON...
Back to top Go down
http://www.offtheark.com
Don

PostSubject: Re: Route 10 Reptile Expo   Route 10 Reptile Expo - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Updated vendor listing:

Updated vendor list for July 29th

Outback Reptiles
Max Pet Supply
Off The ark Exotic Pets
Special K Reptiles
FCK Reptiles
Conley Herps
Niccoli Herpetoculture
Maryland Reptile Farm
Redding Reptile Breeders
RZK Rodents