VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for some fancy rats

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
VASnakeGirl

Looking for some fancy rats Empty
PostSubject: Looking for some fancy rats   Looking for some fancy rats EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:56 am

Hi, I recently started breeding rats, and now I'm looking to add some variety. I 'm wondering if anyone on here is breeding dumbos, Rex, or dwarf rats in VA, or if any of you know of a breeder. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some fancy rats   Looking for some fancy rats EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:35 am

I have some dumbos. They will be weaned this week or next. I don't remember.
Back to top Go down
VASnakeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some fancy rats   Looking for some fancy rats EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:57 am

Awesome! What do they look like?
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some fancy rats   Looking for some fancy rats EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:12 am

Most of them are black. There might be a couple of grey ones. They will not be ready untill next week.
Back to top Go down
VASnakeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some fancy rats   Looking for some fancy rats EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Oooh. That's great. I would love to take 1 or 2!
Back to top Go down
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some fancy rats   Looking for some fancy rats EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 12:50 am

We have just started breeding attempts. Our male is a silken blue dumbo (black and white). We have two females we are attempting to breed. One is a half dumbo irish, which is the black with white feet and underside. The other is a beige and white hooded silken. So the babies will either be 3/4 dumbo with black and white parents or 1/2 dumbo silkens with beige, black and white parents. We're hoping for babies in about two weeks. If you think you might be interested, let me know and I'll let you know when we get babies.
Back to top Go down
VASnakeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some fancy rats   Looking for some fancy rats EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:08 pm

Ooh. Sounds like you are gonna have some good looking baby rats! Yes, please let me know when they are born. I have 2 dumbos and they will not breed for anything!
Back to top Go down
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some fancy rats   Looking for some fancy rats EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Ha ha - yeah, we've found their 'interst' in each interesting. My feeder rat likes him, so they play under supervision (no babies for her). My half rex is willing but we don't want mut half rex dumbo blue babies. The beige hooded was immediately interested. Our half dumbo took a little coaxing. She HATED him at first and would try and attack him through the bars of the cage. She wouldn't even come to me if I had been holding him. After about 3 weeks, she decided he could stay. I put them together and she had so much 'fun' she didn't even want out 3 hours later. The had an overnight conjugal visit. bounce Since then, she hasn't wanted anything to do with him so I'm thinking she got it out of her system until the next go round.

I'll let you know when we get babies.
Back to top Go down
VASnakeGirl

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some fancy rats   Looking for some fancy rats EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:46 am

Haha! My dumbo female is pretty bitchy. I don't think any of my males would dare touch her, and oddly, the male is super shy. I am not having any luck in breeding dumbos. They are both very high white dalmations, so maybe there is something wrong with them. I heard that high-white rats often have issues. I love Rex too, but for some reason, I haven't been able to get ahold of anything but your average fancy rat. I want dwarf rats really bad, but I can't find them anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some fancy rats   Looking for some fancy rats Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for some fancy rats
Page 1 of 1