VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

March 11 Richmond show

Go down 
+11
smb2585
Axolotl Girl
3xotics
DaganGecko
pksnipr
answerinbelle
ClarkeReptiles
Focal
Lokielani
Don
smd58
15 posters
AuthorMessage
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

March 11 Richmond show Empty
PostSubject: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Iam going to break down and go with a few others up there, anyone else going? Iam not looking for anything in per tickler which could be trouble. I'll traval with a light wallet. Or leave with a lighter one.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Steve, let me know for sure when we get closer to the time. I can at least meet you for lunch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Smile I might go, it depends on how light my wallet is from the Hamburg show!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:44 am

Hmm, I might go since I've never been and this is probably as close at its going to get.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:13 am

I won't be going. I've already taken a look at my schedule and they have me working that day and I can't take any more time off from work. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
answerinbelle

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:22 pm

I'll be there. I am going to be a spring break from grad school, so I will be home in Richmond. I need some mice and a new lid for my tank (my kitty has given mine a suspicious dip in the middle). I may even get Killian a "friend" if my fancy is struck.
Back to top Go down
pksnipr
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
pksnipr

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:29 pm

i'll be running around somewhere looking for rodents and females (snakes that is).
Back to top Go down
answerinbelle

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:33 pm

pksnipr wrote:
i'll be running around somewhere looking for rodents and females (snakes that is).

Female snakes eh? At a reptile show? A likely story... Razz
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Bahahahahahaha. iagree

I'll be at a BIGGER show in Columbia. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Who puts on this show? Is it the same person that does the Manassas show?
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
pksnipr
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
pksnipr

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 2:10 pm

yeah it's larry kenton at mdreptile farms. from what i've heard he doesn't do the best job at promoting. but, it was the first one i ever went to and with the exception of venomous at columbia i thought the quality and selection were just as good if not better than the others i've been to. not to mention it's a way cleaner environment.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:36 pm

It is Larry the show can be hit or miss, but it's close and I haven't been to anything else yet. Beside I have a friend that needs to replace a few snakes that passed away, and what he needs should be Plunteyfully there.
Back to top Go down
3xotics
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
3xotics

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 3:26 pm

I'm heading up there, me and a buddy of mine are getting some tables with a lot a cool snakes. We were at the Nova show also last week, our table was called Battlefield Reptiles. If anyone is going come by our table and say hey, Always cool to see other VA herpers.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/MorphotixReptiles
Axolotl Girl
Established Member
Established Member
Axolotl Girl

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 6:04 pm

I'll probably be there for a bit, the convention center is only about 15 minutes from me so it'd be silly for me not to go Smile
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:10 am

we will probably go since it's been a while since we have been to a shower, but this show isnt one of the biggest or best... but its decent enough to get away for a little while
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:43 am

Well please remember to shower before going to the SHOW. The other event-goers will thank you.

I just had to! Sorry! lol!
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:26 am

I haven't decide if I'll be there or not...
Back to top Go down
Battlefield Reptiles
Battlefield Reptiles

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:54 am

We will be there with bells on. Look for the banner.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:11 am

It looks like I will be going to this one, the son of a friend of my husband wants a reptile and wants us to go with them to find something. Any suggestions for a 13 yr old boy??? He initially wanted a beardie, but now he isn't so sure?
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:57 am

Blue tonge skink.
Back to top Go down
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 5:03 am

I agree with Steve (not that I'm partial or anything). My grandkids love the blueys and started handling the babies when they were only a couple of hours old. They're sturdy little guys with a fair amount of bulk to them so they're not quite as fragile as geckos and whatnot. We put up baby gates at night and let ours hang out with us in the den. They definitely get my vote.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:45 pm

we will go... probably wont be long because... the last one wasnt that big or anything but I have some money saved up and if we can find something we like between the 2 of us we should make out... we need another rack though. We have the hatchling rack that we could possibly use for some of our snakes... but Id prefer not to lol. We got so much room now in the new house..

anyway we will be there... haha celebrating our "4 years of not killing eachother... yet" lol.

hopefully we come home with something... last time we came home with 2 bags of bedding lmao so it can't be but so wasteful and it doesnt take too much gas...
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 4:51 pm

Thanks guys, I guess I'll see what he likes at the show!
Back to top Go down
Battlefield Reptiles
Battlefield Reptiles

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 5:07 pm

We will have a few racks their for sale along with alot of tubs different sizes. Also will have an incubator that can handle like 5 clutches. Plus alot of cool animals.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Does anyone know who's selling feeders at the show? Anybody know rough prices for meal worms and super worms by the 1k count?
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Battlefield Reptiles
Battlefield Reptiles

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Rick krumrine sells frozen there. Im not sure about meal worms cause its in a hotel and they are funny about stuff like that. I know ya cant sell crickets
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:15 pm

I sold dubias last show. If they are in a container double sealed, you can do it. However, the door to the kitchen is right next to the room, so they are a little picky about who they let have insects.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:24 pm

I don't think they had mealworms last time I was there. I just saw frozen rodents and dubia.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Thanks guys. That's disappointing, I was hoping to find a good, relatively local wholesale supplier for worms but I guess I'll have to keep ordering online.
Back to top Go down
Battlefield Reptiles
Battlefield Reptiles

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:55 pm

Breed em. Its so super easy. Probablly the easiest thing to do. Go to petco buy 2 containers of 500 count worms and put them in a 32 qt tub and fill the tub 3/4 of the way with oat bran that you can get at tractor supply and leave em in a warm place. The worms will morph into aliens then into darkling beetles then the beetles will lay eggs. Before you know it you will have so many worms youll be supplying your county lol. Take a piece of news paper and get it damp and place it in the tub. Thats all ya gotta do. Its easy
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Oh I've bred meal worms several times over the years and it is really easy but I've lately concluded the cost/benefit ratio for me individually picking thousands out of a tub is better left to someone else. If I was just feeding a couple animals, I wouldn't mind, but I've got too many to do that.
Back to top Go down
Battlefield Reptiles
Battlefield Reptiles

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:22 pm

What i do is use a wire spaghetti strainer. Works perfectlly. Scoop em in sift it and your left with hundreds of clean worms
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:50 pm

Interesting, I'll have to check it out. I haven't yet been able to find a good strainer that leaves the worms in but that would be perfect. Thanks for the tip!
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Battlefield Reptiles wrote:
What i do is use a wire spaghetti strainer. Works perfectlly. Scoop em in sift it and your left with hundreds of clean worms

I've done the same thing, only I've used a screen reptile lid.
Back to top Go down
Battlefield Reptiles
Battlefield Reptiles

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:09 pm

Yea a screen top works good too. I had so many worms at one time i started sellin em to the fishermen at the docks where i keep my boat. They buy em like hotcakes lol
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:39 pm

Battlefield Reptiles wrote:
Breed em. Its so super easy. Probablly the easiest thing to do. Go to petco buy 2 containers of 500 count worms and put them in a 32 qt tub and fill the tub 3/4 of the way with oat bran that you can get at tractor supply and leave em in a warm place. The worms will morph into aliens then into darkling beetles then the beetles will lay eggs. Before you know it you will have so many worms youll be supplying your county lol. Take a piece of news paper and get it damp and place it in the tub. Thats all ya gotta do. Its easy

That sounds much easier than the methods I've been reading about. I'm going to try it!
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:48 pm

I think my problem is that I've always used oatmeal, not oat bran. From the google pics, it looks like oat bran is much finer and should go through a sieve easier.
Back to top Go down
Battlefield Reptiles
Battlefield Reptiles

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:12 pm

Yea oat bran is really fine. You can get a huge bag of the stuff enough to do like 6 colonies in 32 qt tubs for like 15 bucks
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Ended up with the flu. Sorry to miss it. How was it?
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Not bad, still on the small side. But saw a bunch of nice snakes and lizards. I can't remember who but one vender had some good looking bright yellow carpet. Battlefield had a vary nice RDR lesser. Neal had a few vary nice pieds. And of course outback brought a lot of good thing. Good way to kill some time. I think I may have seen --Stephanie-- . I was with Joe and a few others.
Back to top Go down
Battlefield Reptiles
Battlefield Reptiles

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 8:00 pm

We had a pretty good show. The sc show i think put a small hurtin on the turnout and a few vendors.the bright carpets were at reddingg reptiles and east coast serpents tables. They were pretty smoki.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:46 am

Ah yes Steve - Miles and I ran into Joe, I thought that was you but I wasn't toooo sure Smile

We picked up a Pastel Lesser Female from Outback - she was 57grams when I weighed her when we got home. We also picked up another bag of Bedding on our way out the door.

It was more crowded this time than last time but it was enjoyable and a good way to pass some time on a Sunday that felt like it flew by... darn that time change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 11 Richmond show   March 11 Richmond show Empty

Back to top Go down

March 11 Richmond show
Page 1 of 1