VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reptile Show in Hampton Roads?

Go down 
+3
Focal
Docwade87
mamasmarco
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

Reptile Show in Hampton Roads? Empty
PostSubject: Reptile Show in Hampton Roads?   Reptile Show in Hampton Roads? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Hello everybody
my name is Marco, i'm a hobby Ball Python Breeder and am thinking about organizing a reptile show/convention at the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach. I work in a Hotel here in VB and already discussed this with the Management here and everybody gave me the "go" on it.

Now, in this Hotel there is no Conference hall or big Auditorium as other Hotels have. The Convention would take place within (the rooms and) the spacious hallways this hotel has. We would get a good rate for these very efficient one bedroom units for people that would have to travel longer to get here. There will definetely be plenty of space in the hallways of this property. i will have to discuss wether or not the vendors can use their rooms for display or not. The Hotel Management has never had a Reptile Convention in this Hotel, so they are a little shy when it comes to critters on their property. But i think, that it would be up to us to show them, that reptile keepers are responsible and alert when it comes to a critter trying to escape out of its enclosure.

As already mentioned, vendors, Breeders, hobbyists, and very important, REPTILE INFORMATION STANDS would have plenty of space within the hallways and could store their stuff in the rooms the night before the actual event starts. Locals or people just coming for the event to offer their goods will have to wait a little while, because that also needs to be discussed with the Hotel Management.

This Hotel has one Bedroom efficiency units which also have a door to another unit. This means if you book 2 rooms you could sleep up to 8 people. Each unit has a King size bed and a pullout sofa which is comfortable and sleeps 2 people. The units also have nice bathrooms and efficiency kitchens with stoves, microwaves and refrigerators in them.

In case you'd like to see the hallways and or rooms, i could provide some pictures of the property to show what it looks like and how the units (if allowed) could be included in the show/convention.

Another main criteria would be the time of the year, or maybe times of the year when this show/convention would take place. Please give me some advice, tips, tricks, hints or support if you want.

I think it would be really cool to have a reptile event in this area and would love to get this to become a regular thing. I personally don't have any financial profit out of it, but am super exited about this and would love to see some critters while at work Smile..

Here's how you could reach me
marcohuelquist@yahoo.com
Cell: 757 739 8710

Thanks for checking in..

Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: Reptile Show in Hampton Roads?   Reptile Show in Hampton Roads? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:53 pm

I like the idea, however having it in the hallways I am not too sure about and definitely don't think having it in the rooms will fare well. Especially if this is the room that the vender might be staying in as well. If you could find a decent size convention room at some other hotel I think it would be great. I have a feeling that VA beach area would have a good turnout. I have never seen a show down there so it would def be worth trying to figure something out
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Reptile Show in Hampton Roads?   Reptile Show in Hampton Roads? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Awesome idea Marco!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: Reptile Show in Hampton Roads?   Reptile Show in Hampton Roads? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:37 pm

It always makes me happy to see new expos cropping up. I drive 2 hours to the Manassas expo just to see the fares XD I'd more than likely find my way out to something in the VA Beach area.

I hope you get the support you need from people who can sponsor/vend!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
Don

PostSubject: Re: Reptile Show in Hampton Roads?   Reptile Show in Hampton Roads? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:41 pm

I think that is one area of the state that isn't covered well for shows. Great idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: Reptile Show in Hampton Roads?   Reptile Show in Hampton Roads? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:07 am

I would like to vend if the price is right
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Reptile Show in Hampton Roads?   Reptile Show in Hampton Roads? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 2:04 am

Sounds like a winner, need to check on required permits, fire codes, and what ever else the city would through at it.
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

PostSubject: Re: Reptile Show in Hampton Roads?   Reptile Show in Hampton Roads? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 2:28 am

The show/convention is propably not going to take place before fall. A lot of hobbyists and professional breeders have the most hatches around fall time. I Personally think September would be a good time. Maybe even October..
I'll let everybody know how the spaces are going to be divided. Everything is in planning but thank you for your interest! I'll take note of that and make sure you'll get your space. I'll make sure that the spaces are not outrageous..!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: Reptile Show in Hampton Roads?   Reptile Show in Hampton Roads? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 11:54 pm

There would definitely be three attendees from my household. Shoot us an e-mail if you need any help with anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reptile Show in Hampton Roads?   Reptile Show in Hampton Roads? Empty

Back to top Go down

Reptile Show in Hampton Roads?
Page 1 of 1