VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from Roanoke!

Go down 
+6
smb2585
Jabberwocky Dragons
smd58
Focal
Don
cootees
10 posters
AuthorMessage
cootees
cootees

Hello from Roanoke! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:48 am

Hello everyone. New to the board. I am just outside of Roanoke.

I have had several turtles and snakes before but I have been out of the herp game for several years now. My wife wants to get another turtle now so the research has begun.

Everyone likes pictures so here is one of my favs.

Hello from Roanoke! DSC00060
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:52 am

Seems like your dog is doing the "dog sniff butt get to know you" move. Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:52 am

Awesome turtle. Welcome to the forums!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:59 am

Welcome, what kind of turtle you looking to add?
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:04 am

Welcome, Nice Picture!
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:07 am

welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:20 am

Welcome! That's a funny pick, poor dog seems a bit confused. I love the profile pic, btw
Back to top Go down
cootees
cootees

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:23 am

Don wrote:
Seems like your dog is doing the "dog sniff butt get to know you" move. Welcome!
Yeah, she was still a pup. Never properly introduced them before this pic. lol

smd58 wrote:
Welcome, what kind of turtle you looking to add?

Not sure yet. From what I have had (RES, eastern painted, southern painted), the eastern painted were very entertaining and far from shy. So I am leaning more towards them but I am also still looking at other options.

If there was a Rio Grande that maxed out at 7" and had the personality of an eastern painted then my decision would be easy. :pirat:
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:28 am

These are cool but cant winter out side from what Ive been told.
Pink Belly Side Neck Turtle
Back to top Go down
DeborahBroadus
DeborahBroadus

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:38 am

Welcome Cootees! Is there any significance in your Username? I was thinking "Cooties?" Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.debscaptivebredballpythons.com
cootees
cootees

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:39 am

Thats actually a very good option. My wife was commenting on those the other day.
Back to top Go down
cootees
cootees

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:41 am

DeborahBroadus wrote:
Welcome Cootees! Is there any significance in your Username? I was thinking "Cooties?" Smile

It was an old punk rock band I used to listen to a lot and it just stuck with me.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:45 am

Have you ever been into modifying cars by any chance? I swear I've seen that S/N on another local forum.
Back to top Go down
cootees
cootees

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:52 am

Yup, dragva?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:00 pm

Yep, LOL, how funny is that!
Back to top Go down
cootees
cootees

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:14 pm

Yup, It's rare that I get on there anymore. I kind of pushed the cars aside and moved into dirtbikes a few years back.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:21 pm

Yep, same here. Snakes and a kid take all my money now Smile
Back to top Go down
DeborahBroadus
DeborahBroadus

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:28 pm

cootees wrote:
DeborahBroadus wrote:

It was an old punk rock band I used to listen to a lot and it just stuck with me.

Ahhh. I guess hearing people would have picked up on that immediately. Thanks for explaining. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.debscaptivebredballpythons.com
cootees
cootees

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:42 pm

Well I couldn't resist the little guys. I picked up two Miss. Maps and two Yellow Belly Sliders. They should arrive tomorrow. I'll be sure to get pics up.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi Smile
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
gatto152

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:17 pm

hellllllo
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Looks like you get turtles like some of us get snakes. Congrat can't wait for the pictures. Put them up in the show room.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:54 am

Congrats!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Roanoke!   Hello from Roanoke! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Roanoke!
Page 1 of 1