VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums

Go down 
+4
Lokielani
smb2585
ClarkeReptiles
Focal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums Empty
PostSubject: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:21 am

What does everyone think? I have been on the fence about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:34 am

I would use it. I don't currently keep any insects (husband is scared to death of spiders and scorpions) but I do like to discuss them and take pictures of local insects I find.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:40 am

I think we share a lot of common interests, not to mention reptile shows seem to sell insects quite often.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:42 am

yeah... creepy crawly spiders Sad

but they are interesting to read about and look at I just have a severe crazy anxiety issue over them and the thought of touching one... eeeeek!
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:12 am

I think it's a good idea, I have a scorpion named Sanford, and I like spiders, but I'm not allowed to have those either (allergies). A lot of people breed insects for their reptiles, so it would be good to be able to talk to others about it.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:15 am

Yea my husband freaked out last winter when I brought some spiders home. At the time I worked in a pet store and our cricket order often brought spiders. I was the only one willing to go into the cricket bins and catch the spiders. (The others had good reason to be afraid. In another store an employee found a brown recluse. ) All I found were a few web spiders with egg cases and a wolf spider. It being winter I couldn't put them outside so I brought the home to winter over. Those egg cases hatched and the deli cup they were in were full of baby spiders.

I'd love to keep T's, scorpions, and other inverts but Hubby says no.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:25 am

Yeah, mine too. The scorpion I have is at work, and I had two, but Sanford killed his wife Smile I like tarantulas but he hates spiders and I have really bad allergies and from what I hear tarantulas aren't a good mix with that. As for other insects, I love them. I would totally love to be an entomologist! Rich doesn't like reptiles either, but there is some point where he just had to get over that, but I am not allowed anything poisonous.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:48 am

Nice compromises lol. I am open to any reptiles he wants. but spiders and such is a totally different story for me lol.

Anyway, I think you should have the forum Nick. It could be good for people like me who are super scared lol.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:01 pm

For those that are super scared, exposure to creepy crawlies from a distance is the start of getting over your fear. When I took my friend to a reptile show, we came upon a table with Ts and he almost flipped out. He almost ran from the table and it took him a while to come to the point of standing a few feet from the table and taking pictures from afar. (But he did leave the show with a scorpion so I was proud of him)

I'm not really afraid of any animal. I certainly don't want a spider crawling on me (it could be dangerous or I could hurt it) but I would like to keep them as pets that I never handle. If I kept any inverts I would never handle them directly.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Be a good one I keep spiders for a long time. You think snakes are low maintenance try them.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:54 pm

I would like to see an invertebrate forum.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:56 pm

I think an invert forum would be a great idea
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Jabberwocky Dragons wrote:
I think an invert forum would be a great idea

Agreed! I love creepy crawlies
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Sweet. I'll get on it this weekend.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Thanks, Nick!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Ok, I guess that was quicker than "this weekend." Done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:49 pm

Focal wrote:
Ok, I guess that was quicker than "this weekend." Done Very Happy

Lol, awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 7:24 pm

Yay!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums   Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums Empty

Back to top Go down

Feedback requested - Insect/Arachnid forums
Page 1 of 1