VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So, who's got reptile ink?

Go down 
+7
byrd'sballs
smb2585
smd58
Focal
Lokielani
DaganGecko
Chuck H.
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuck H.
Chuck H.

So, who's got reptile ink? Empty
PostSubject: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:51 pm

Never in a million years would I, or anyone in my family for that matter, have thought I would ever get a tattoo. My standard response through my first 38 years of life was "I'm not going to intentionally scar my body for life!" Well, my beautiful wife got a couple, my bro-in-law (my wife's brother - might as well be my brother from another mother!) got a couple, so on and so forth, and I succumbed to peer pressure (young members - let this be a lesson for you!).

So, here's a blow by blow of my first tattoo going on 3 years ago (by the way, have I mentioned that I like Knight Anoles?):

So, who's got reptile ink? 1

So, who's got reptile ink? 2

So, who's got reptile ink? 3

So, who's got reptile ink? 4

So, who's got reptile ink? 5

So, who's got reptile ink? 6

So, who's got reptile ink? 7

So, who's got reptile ink? 8

Art is based on a pic from the internet and a sketch I did for the artist. Three years later I might need some touch up since it's looking a bit faded to me. I got my second tattoo last year, a small Irish harp of Guinness fame on my other leg, and that little bastard hurt more than the lizard! My next will be something with my wife...but I'd also like a nice tattoo of an Undulated Triggerfish (I love their colors - green being my favorite) at some point as well. Anyway....watchoo guys (meant in a purely gender neutral manner) got?

Chuck H.

Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:53 pm

I like it. Smile Interesting angle. I love animal tattoos, but I have no tattoos myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:23 am

They did a good job. I like the angle too. I don't have any, but I want a great white, a horrific jack-o-lantern, and so much else, but they cost money, which I don't have...
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 1:29 am

I've been wanting to get a ball python done but they aren't easy to capture in drawings
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 1:51 am

I have a lizard on a brick wall on my leg, I'll try to picture it.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 am

I have 2 with hopes of getting more... my next one I want is just a small black snake on the back of my neck but Id really like to get a ball python (a bee of course) somewhere (maybe my foot/ankle area?)... all of the ones I have/get are/will be easy to cover it needed. My work doesnt really care as long as they arent too trashy. My bosses cousin is actually a tattoo artist and was going to do my most recent one the last time he was coming here and visiting but his trip got canceled for personal reasons... he is COVERED from head to toe... i used to really want a sleeve but decided against it as one it would be REALLY expensive and two, its probably not good for jobs that i do since i work in an office lol. and i wouldnt know what theme i wanted to go with. But here is what I have. Each of my tattoos were the house minimum of $50 and each took less than 5 minutes to do. I love the guy that did them... he did them so quick I couldn't believe it was over that fast...

I got my first tattoo back in 2007, its my daughter's name on my left back/shoulder blade area.... let me see if i can find a picture -- well cant find one right now, not sure where they are posted on this computer or my old one... anyway it didnt really hurt until he got closer to the bone and it was like a pinching feeling

I also have this one that I got in March of this year.. its on my wrist/forearm area and says "no regrets" with a little heart and this one really was nothing major, i think this one actually took less than 2 minutes to do. everyone said it would hurt because of the area it was going but i didnt feel anything.

this was the day I got it
So, who's got reptile ink? 03131110

and this is more recent
So, who's got reptile ink? 05091110
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:39 pm

Tats can be like snakes never can have just one, I have four now and would get more, but the wife don't like that idear to much.
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:47 pm

I'm with Nick. I do not have any tats now but I've always wanted one but never really found anything I wanted to have on my body forever. But I really want to get a ball python but trying to find an artist to do that kinda work and make it look real will be tough.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Yes it will I've seen some ball python tats before maybe 5, and only one came close to real looking. it may have been posted on BP not sure. No matter what you get make sure you really want it. Ink use to be forever not nowadays, but removal cost. If your young get it where it covered for the most part, because you need a job. And no matter what they say the guy with the ink free face will most likely get the job over the inked face.
Back to top Go down
MADexotics
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
MADexotics

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:29 pm

I'm fairly covered.... Tattoos are an obsession almost as bad as reptiles. I'm in the process of having scales tattooed across my shoulders. When the project is finished I'll put it up on here. Right now I have a few finished dragons, several horses, a raven, hieroglyphics and more stars than anyone could count.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:37 pm

Ok, I can't find a google answer. Are dragons reptiles? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MADexotics
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
MADexotics

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:41 pm

I think that's a topic of much debate. They do strike me as rather reptilian
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:46 pm

Well I have a dragon tattoo if it's a reptile Very Happy. But I did start this thread on the dragon /reptile discussion Twisted Evil

http://www.vaherps.com/t676-dragon-reptile-or-dinosaur
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:13 pm

you need a picture nick. duh. i know mine werent reptiles but oh wellz. I dont follow rules or instructions very well. Smile

Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:37 pm

I am very seriously considering a sleeve with the primary focus being a ball python.

I'm a professional (with a Bachelors degree and an MBA). So, the sleeve will have to start a little higher on the arm than usual, so I can hide it at work with a long sleeve shirt. Would love to see ideas and suggestions from anyone with input.

I'm taking my time to locate the best artist and design. Since it is going to be with me the rest of my life, I want high quality and a killer design. I know it wil be expensive, but since it is permanent, I'm going for quality.

So far, I'm really impressed with the work of Greg Piper in Manassas. Though, that would be a long drive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:22 am

The best tattoo artist that me and my wife have come across was in chicago. His work was phenomenal. He did my wifes latest tattoo and it came out great! it took nearly 11 hours and he only charged us 650. i can honestly say that it is one of the best tats i have ever seen. i plan on going back to chicago just to get mine done..... not that im suggesting that you go all the way there don, just saying hes awesome Very Happy ive been looking for a very long time for an artist that i trusted with "scaring" my body, lol. like you said its permenant and i want to be happy with it cause ima have it for a bit.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:59 am

Don along with the things on your list already, make vary sure that they have a vary clean environment and that there needles are new and unopened. I have a few tats all from one person he's not working anymore. I got one in Singapore from Johnny two thumbs. Too much to drink that day. It's a cover up now. I haven't seen many good real looking snake tats but I like the idea of a 3/4 sleeve with a snake. When I got my tats I spent a lot of time on the net gathered up everything I like ie... Type of art, colors .... Took it to my guy and he made up drawings to look at. Good luck, and remember like you already said it's forever so do it right the first time.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:33 pm

So, who's got reptile ink? MaggieOSnake

I like this, but it isn't a ball python. Something like this quality and design, but with a ball on the arm would be nice.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 5:16 pm

Thats not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 11:18 pm

I got both of mine done by the same guy at Ancient Art in VA Beach between Cleveland & the Blvd.. his name was Steve... he is probably the only person I will let do any ink on me... he just made the whole experience enjoyable... I have gone in other place and looked and talked to different people but feel the most comfortable at Ancient Art.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:55 pm

After looking at artists all over the eastern half of the country, I've sent an email to Greg Piper in Manassas for a consult. If y'all want, I'll start a separate post and give the step by step. I suspect this is going to cost me a few grand for the quality I'm looking for, but it is forever so I'm looking for the best quality I can find. Also, I suspect this is going to take a long consult or two and several sittings to complete. so it looks ripe for a thread of its own.

Right now, I'm thinking of a couple of ball morphs entertwined around my arm. Once I hear back from Mr. Piper, I'll let you know where we are going.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:41 am

Do it I've seen them before and the progress is cool to watch.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:27 am

Sounds awesome Don! Can't wait for you to get it started!
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:17 pm

So are you going for color or black and gray? what morph of ball?
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Well, I think one morph will be a Superblast. I like the orange in that snake. Was thinking of an Albino pied for another, but am not sure about the white ink in a tatto. If there is a third, it may be a caramel spider or something as colorful as that. Thinking full color, realistic. Also may ad a small spider (U of R grad) and/or a small ram (for VCU).

I want a real full sleeve, not just a large tat. Still have not heard from the artist. But, it is the holidays, so I'll try to get a hold of him after the new year, if I don't hear from him. That just gives me more time to look and think of the designs.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 9:10 pm

OK, I've swapped emails with the artist and will drive up to Manassas, if he confirms, just after the new year. Looks like we are moving forward.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 9:56 pm

That's cool! I look forward to watching the progress Smile
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Went up to Manassas and talked with Greg today. We worked on the concepts and I showed him some of our snakes (on the web). We set up appointments starting at the end of July. It is going to take five sittings of four to five hours each. Unfortunately, I've gotbsomevwaiting to do.

About 30 days from he first appointment we will finalize the design.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Awesome Don! Looking forward to see the ink
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:15 pm

That's great, this is going to make me want another.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, who's got reptile ink?   So, who's got reptile ink? Empty

Back to top Go down

So, who's got reptile ink?
Page 1 of 1