VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New FedEx & UPS Dimensional Weight Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

New FedEx & UPS Dimensional Weight Rules Empty
PostSubject: New FedEx & UPS Dimensional Weight Rules   New FedEx & UPS Dimensional Weight Rules EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 2:39 pm

IMO this will increase the already high costs to ship reptiles, as they are packed in large boxes with lightweight padding and insulation for protection. The smallest shipping box typically used has a dimensional weight of two pounds, while the animal + packing/insulation/warmer/box will weigh a pound at most.

The new rules go into effect on 12/29/14, so if you sell and ship, take them into consideration with your ads - especially if you're advertising "shipped" prices - and update your shopping carts now if your e-commerce site calculates shipping.

http://www.efulfillmentservice.com/2014/09/new-fedex-ups-dimensional-weight-rules/

As a side effect, I'm going to look a lot more closely at offerings from local breeders and vendors - local being a relative term since I've already been willing to drive a few hours one way to purchase a critter - before having one shipped to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/

New FedEx & UPS Dimensional Weight Rules
Page 1 of 1