VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

help with fedex!!

Go down 
+2
Focal
dj6884
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

help with fedex!! Empty
PostSubject: help with fedex!!   help with fedex!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:58 am

im tryng to send a snake to guy in wisconson and fedex said they prohibit the shipment of a pet through their company thats bs i told them every breeder ive bought from has sent through fedex and three of the fedex people said they arent supposed to do that what the heck so now i cant ship any of my ballpythons and have to send the guy his money back which is fine but he really wanted this guy so what would you guys do in this situation Mad
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

help with fedex!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with fedex!!   help with fedex!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:55 am

Are you certified through FedEx? If not, I suggest going through Ship Your Reptiles. Order the boxes and items through them and drop off at the hub mentioned below. There is a testing process you must go through in order to independently ship through FedEx.

Who are you speaking too at FedEx? There is a FedEx hub by Wards Corner that has never given me issues about sending snakes and they take extra care of them for me. Sometimes, employees are just misinformed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

help with fedex!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with fedex!!   help with fedex!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:42 pm

i think the employees are the problem but ive heard some bad things about ship your reptiles that some people wont purchase snakes from people that ship through them whats that all about
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

help with fedex!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with fedex!!   help with fedex!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:52 pm

Not sure why they wouldn't like SYR unless it was a shipping inexperience issue with the seller. They use FedEx and offer an on-time/live insurance. I believe they may also be cheaper depending on how often the shipper uses their business shipping account. I think this year I will be using SYR instead of sending them through FedEx myself. I think the more you use your FedEx account, the bigger the shipping discount and I know SYR has to send more than me every year Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Don

help with fedex!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with fedex!!   help with fedex!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:01 pm

SYR is cheaper in most cases than being certified, because they utilize volume discounts. I've not bothered becoming certified because SYR is so easy. If someone doesn't want to buy from me because I use SYR, then they are ignorant of the process. It is more important to pack professionally and communicate clearly, than worry about using SYR or your own certified shipping. Both of them use FedEx. The only thing that is different is the booking and billing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

help with fedex!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with fedex!!   help with fedex!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 2:18 pm

Well said. SYR is a great service and I not have not become Fed Ex certified due to the ease and savings from using it.

Arguing with Fed Ex is a bad idea. If you are fed ex certified, there's an animal help desk number to call if there's a problem. SYR has their own number to call and they will solve the problem. The employees could have simply accepted your package and then confiscated it and sent the snake to animal control.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

help with fedex!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with fedex!!   help with fedex!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:25 pm

I also use SYR with all of my shipments. Not worth becoming certified. But as said earlier, you cannot just go and ship your reptile unless you are certified through Fed Ex or are using SYR......
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

help with fedex!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with fedex!!   help with fedex!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:33 pm

ok gotcha i will try that then thankyou
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

help with fedex!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with fedex!!   help with fedex!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 7:08 pm

The reason a lot of buyers don't want you to use SYR is because it hikes the shipping price up a little bit. Of course I think everyone would agree with me that it's worth the extra few bucks to know that your package is safe and legal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Don

help with fedex!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with fedex!!   help with fedex!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 7:25 pm

DaganGecko wrote:
The reason a lot of buyers don't want you to use SYR is because it hikes the shipping price up a little bit. Of course I think everyone would agree with me that it's worth the extra few bucks to know that your package is safe and legal.

Actually, it lowers the price. SYR has discounts that most hobbiest can't get. So, I don't know hat the reluctance is for any buyer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

help with fedex!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with fedex!!   help with fedex!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:48 pm

I am not saying anything against SYR but I have personally seen complaints at the prices on SYR.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

help with fedex!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with fedex!!   help with fedex!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:58 pm

That's interesting. It sounds like the people complaining have never shipped before or last shipped years ago and do not understand the current skyrocketing shipping prices. SYR (and I also believe Reptiles Express) is usually at least 10-15% off a individual label. The only cheaper exception might be for a very large breeder but I still doubt they come close to the combined Pro Exotics and SYR package volume.
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

help with fedex!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with fedex!!   help with fedex!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:11 pm

Jabberwocky Dragons wrote:
That's interesting. It sounds like the people complaining have never shipped before or last shipped years ago and do not understand the current skyrocketing shipping prices. SYR (and I also believe Reptiles Express) is usually at least 10-15% off a individual label. The only cheaper exception might be for a very large breeder but I still doubt they come close to the combined Pro Exotics and SYR package volume.

Agree 100%. I have talked to friends in the hobby that are pretty big in the reptile trade industry and they have just become certified and it hasn't helped prices much at all. SYR still beats most of their prices, plus you have the nice guarantee that SYR offers on top of everything.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

help with fedex!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with fedex!!   help with fedex!! EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:39 am

Well with the gecko people, they used to be able to ship for 40-50 dollars, but SYR ends up being more like 50-60. I don't know about snakes.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

help with fedex!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with fedex!!   help with fedex!! EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Shipping used to be in that range but shipping is now going through the roof due to fuel costs. You're only charged based on the dimensions of your package and its weight, not what kind of animal is being shipped. I strongly suspect these people are not shipping properly and are using the cheaper Next Day option instead of the mandatory Next Day Priority SYR requires.

It's easy to enough to tell the difference in price just by going to FedEx.com and get a quote and then do the same at SYR for the same package. I did this for my first 10 shipped packages until I confirmed SYR is always much cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

help with fedex!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with fedex!!   help with fedex!! Empty

Back to top Go down

help with fedex!!
Page 1 of 1