VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Snake Surgery

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BenVizi
Established Member
Established Member

Snake Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Snake Surgery   Snake Surgery EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 1:33 pm

I caught this large female Northern Watersnake last night, I was pulling the weeds and grass off of her when I realized she had fishing line stuck in her skin.. She must have swam through it a while ago and grew around it... I took her back to the house and cut the fishing line.. I put Neosporin on the would and kept her overnight.. I let her go this morning but not before a picture because she was extremely tame! smb2585

Snake Surgery Image
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

Snake Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake Surgery   Snake Surgery EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 6:21 pm

Try it again during the day after she warms up to a around 85-90 degrees!!  Great job!! Is it me or does she look prego?
Back to top Go down
BenVizi
Established Member
Established Member

Snake Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake Surgery   Snake Surgery EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 6:51 pm

Oh, she was warmed up! I kept her over night on a heat pad and took that picture in the morning.. I was thinking she was pregnant because it was all puffed up like that on the bottom 1/3 of her. The fishing line started right at the beginning of the swelling so I don't know if she was prego or not..
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

Snake Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake Surgery   Snake Surgery EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 7:43 pm

Thanks for help the snake!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snake Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snake Surgery   Snake Surgery Empty