VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Housing male and female crested geckos together.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
melliebelly

Housing male and female crested geckos together.  Empty
PostSubject: Housing male and female crested geckos together.    Housing male and female crested geckos together.  EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:03 am

I have a male (Loki) and female (Bartleby) crested gecko living in the same terrarium. They've been together since they were babies. The female is a bit bigger (few weeks older) than the male. The only time I saw them "fighting" was when I put crickets in and they were nipping at each other's feet. I'm going to try and post a picture of the tank they are in. They seem happy and healthy.
Back to top Go down
stormymay888
stormymay888

Housing male and female crested geckos together.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Housing male and female crested geckos together.    Housing male and female crested geckos together.  EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:24 am

They will breed if you keep them together and it's really not good to breed your female too young because egg production is very stressful on their bodies. If they are near or over 20 grams they need to be separated until you female is at least 30 preferably closer to 35 grams.
Back to top Go down
http://stormymayartsandexotics.weebly.com

Housing male and female crested geckos together.
Page 1 of 1