VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
derpinah
Established Member
Established Member
derpinah

Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?  Empty
PostSubject: Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?    Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?  EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 5:22 pm

I have a tiny BP collection and breed my own rats, mice, etc.   I just started breeding rats and I'm trying to get all the snakes switched over to them.  In doing so, I'll end up with some surplus that are too big to feed off.  

The local pet store will take my extras sometimes when I can manage to coordinate a drop off time with the manager and give me a tiny store credit.  

I'd like to find a local snake friend, that could help me with my extra (medium & large) rats when I have them.  I don't have a huge abundance of feeders, just a couple few until I can get the mice gone and get a system going with the rats.

Or maybe someone can point me in the direction of a deal on a C02 kit and freezer or a good sized boa that needs rehoming.  Wink 

Thanks,
Shanna
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?    Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?  EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:16 pm

I got my CO2 tank off of ebay, just check the hydrostatic test date. They have to get retested every five years of age which can outweigh the price of a new some tanks. Same goes with paintball tanks which I believe would be more towards what you need. You can use a paintball gun tank remote as the line and valve to fill your chamber.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
derpinah
Established Member
Established Member
derpinah

PostSubject: Re: Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?    Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?  EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Thanks, Nick. I will check it out.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?    Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?  EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 12:01 am

Hi Shanna! I'm in Charlottesville and occasionally need rats (when I can't get them from my normal source). Are you ever over the mountain?
Back to top Go down
derpinah
Established Member
Established Member
derpinah

PostSubject: Re: Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?    Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?  EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:35 am

I don't make it up that way very often, unless we're trying to visit family.  I can shoot you a message if we're headed to C-Ville and I have extra rats.  

Hopefully, this will be temporary until I can find the ying & yang between the BPs and feeders rats like I had with the mice and SF's.  

I haven't been working with the rats long.  Every 3~ish weeks, I have about 5 extra live medium/large rats that I'd be happy to give away to a fellow VA Herper.  The pet store gives me 75 cents to a dollar in store credit and it can be difficult to coordinate a drop off time with them.

I'll probably have at least 5-10 in the next 2+ weeks.  Shoot me a PM if you're out this way and I can let you know if I have any extras.  

Shanna
Back to top Go down
Raynva77
Raynva77

PostSubject: Re: Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?    Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?  EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:21 pm

I'm in waynesboro and could use 2 med rats once a week or two weeks. Have 30 Herps and two that won't eat f/t
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?    Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Any VaHerpers in/near Staunton?
Page 1 of 1