VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

VAHERPers report in.....

Go down 
+8
Docwade87
zues
ichopz
jw
ClarkeReptiles
Vergesseneins
Grymm
Don
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Don

VAHERPers report in..... Empty
PostSubject: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

In the Richmond area, we are getting some wind and rain but not too bad so far. It is supposed to increase as the day progresses. I'm watching the news and listening to the radio to make the call if we are going to close early.

How are folks out east?
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Grymm
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Grymm

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:55 am

Wind and rain here all in all not too bad. No flooding or power loss as of yet and my power is usually first to go so its not too bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grymmexotics.com/
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:05 am

rain but does not even look like the wind is blowin anymore than a normal day ...uhh uuhhh there t goes again but not bad at all
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:18 am

Richmond (west end) - Little rain. Wind seems to be picking up a bit but overall looks like a normal rainy day.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:28 pm

I'm in DC today. Most things are closed including the federal government and Metro. As of 11:25 am lots of rain and 30-40 mph wind gusts.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:30 pm

We closed our Northern Virginia office for the day. I just closed our Richmond office starting at 1pm. The winds are supposed to pick up through the day and night.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Because I work in a 24hr call center we are not closing but at least I get out of here at 4pm. Still not bad over here. Rainy, a little windy. They sent out an office wide email saying it will get worse after 2.
Back to top Go down
ichopz
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ichopz

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:18 pm

im in the city.. wet as hell outside, good winds.. but power is still on..
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:29 pm

In Newport News we are well into our second day of steady rain. Starting to see an occasional decent gust of wind but other than that not real windy. Does seem like the winds are picking up. The lights flickered once but so far we have not lost power.
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm on the outskirts of Glen Allen (on the border of hanover & henrico county). A steady bit of rain but nothing serious. Maybe a decent gust of wind here and there, but no different than a good storm so far.

Y'all be safe out there if it does get any worse.
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:30 pm

I'm in Southside and we've got some wind and light rain.

Joe Ellis posted some pictures from Virginia Beach that had some bridges looking washed out though. It may have just been the initial storm surge, but all you beach-fairers be careful please!!

I have another FB friend in New England who keeps Blood pythons and they just posted that their power is out and it's pretty nasty.

Fingers crossed Richmond keeps power. Good luck everyone! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:36 pm

I think we are going to miss the brunt force of this storm. The path it is traveling is just getting its wings over us and the center of the storm if I'm not mistaken is already north of here in regards to latitude. I think we might have just gotten lucky. For all the northerners and all the coastal people, I wish you luck and hope that it doesn't get much worse than it already is
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:42 pm

Anyone heard from Nick?
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Wind and rain in cville nothing spectacularly different from any other storm. Going toward Staunton it's snowing (skyline drive). Hope no one loses power!!!
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 5:06 pm

talked 2 him yesterday...
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 6:45 pm

In north chesterfield now. Moderate rain and not much wind.
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Still doing great, haven't lost power yet.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 11:39 am

I survived, woohooo!! I hope everyone did well without much damage.

I bunkered up expecting the worst for a bunch of rain. We had a looter! He stopped by and looted all the pecans that fell off the neighbors tree AND he cleaned my driveway. That's a smooth criminal.

Then, I had this intoxicated guy from VaH, play pranks on me via text. Then he came over and I made him smoke a cigar like a man. Mamasmarco and his daughter Tini came over too and hung out with the family for a bit and we smoked more cigars. My brother came over for a bit and we smoked more cigars. Thanks for the cigars Marco Smile

We had a few beers, watched storm tracker, and had to keep going to the store (w/ DD) fifty-hundred times Rolling Eyes Glad the storm wasn't too bad.

Then we almost lost power, set the generator up and realized my main power line had to be refitted for a female end. Did that in the rain. My brothers truck ran out of gas, tried to solve that problem and realized he did not run out of gas. So we tried jump starting it a hundred times.

Uh, finally got to rest Monday and then realized I haven't tended to my farm, so I started Project Weekly Maintenance. Clean and took care of a bunch of hungry snakes. They were quite disappointed to see my hand and not a rat, but they will be rewarded today Smile

Now catch up at work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:28 pm

sounds like everyone faired well!! I never lost power and all the herps are obviously fine. Is there anyone in need of anything?!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VAHERPers report in.....   VAHERPers report in..... Empty

Back to top Go down

VAHERPers report in.....
Page 1 of 1