VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards Empty
PostSubject: Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards   Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 11:05 am

Over the years, I've always found it somewhat difficult or at least time consuming to provide water to bearded dragons. You either give them a waterbowl that they quickly defecate it and must be immediately cleaned, you spray at least once a day, or you give regular baths outside of the enclosure. Not a problem at all for one or two, but the time spent quickly adds up with multiple ones.

Today I found out adult dragons will readily and happily drink from chick waterers you can get a farm supply store for under $4. It's simply a saucer with a one quart bottle screwed into the top as a reservoir. The design of the saucer makes it impossible for the dragon to climb in or over to foul the water yet its wide enough to let them drink freely.

I imagine these could be used for geckos, monitors, or most any other lizard. They are also very easy to clean.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
jinx
jinx

PostSubject: Re: Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards   Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Nice idea...
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards   Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 9:53 pm

I use something similar for my leopard gecko, hermit crabs and beardie. Its just made to look like rock on the bottom part, I think they sell them specifically for lizards, but I'm not sure, I started out with it for the crabs and then I got tired of changing water bowls too!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards   Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Pics? I've tried using a rat watering bottle but no noticeable usage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards   Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards Empty

Back to top Go down

Found perfect waterer for bearded dragons and similar lizards
Page 1 of 1