VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

veiled chameleon help!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay0828

veiled chameleon help!!! Empty
PostSubject: veiled chameleon help!!!   veiled chameleon help!!! EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:14 pm

I got a veiled chameleon Friday from petsmart ever since then he hasn't ate and sleeps all day. I called petsmart and they said it was normal but after research I think it's something else
Please help i don't want to keep him and something be wrong. Please
Back to top Go down
WithoutPride
Established Member
Established Member
WithoutPride

PostSubject: Re: veiled chameleon help!!!   veiled chameleon help!!! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 8:40 am

Petsmart has a garuntee. I'd recommend taking him to a vet in your area to have a better opinion considering Petsmart's Vet garuntee is terrible as well as their vets are not that great. That is coming from my friend who is a Pet Car Team Lead at Petsmart.

I've never owned a veiled but I have heard they are one of the hardest reptiles to keep. Then again I am still a beginner in reptiles all together lol. That is my recommendation as a lot of people will say especially when you first get a reptile you should always take them to a vet.
Back to top Go down
scalyfoot
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: veiled chameleon help!!!   veiled chameleon help!!! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:54 pm

Probably Mark is right, but what other factors have you considered? What temperature is the chameleon being kept at? What food(live) are you offering it? Is that food totally different than what it was getting at Petsmart? What are your light settings?
When conditions change for a reptile, one of the primary results is stress, and stress can lead to all sorts of problems including anorexia. Hope these comments help. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: veiled chameleon help!!!   veiled chameleon help!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

veiled chameleon help!!!
Page 1 of 1