VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

veiled chameleon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lucky302
lucky302

veiled chameleon  Empty
PostSubject: veiled chameleon    veiled chameleon  EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 9:12 am

My husband and I own a veiled chameleon. She has been showing signs of wanting to lay eggs but we cant seem to get her to. We have made egg boxes and put it in her cage but she refuses to use them. Anyone have any suggestions for us before she becomes egg bound?
Back to top Go down
Ventari

veiled chameleon  Empty
PostSubject: Re: veiled chameleon    veiled chameleon  EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:15 pm

did you try normal play sand in a lay bin to get her to dig tunnels or dirt (organic no vermiculite) and leave her alone for a two days to a week. if she doesn't try and lay i would make a vet visit. if your near fairfax this is where i go losts of chameleon experience for a local breeder and myself.

Stahl Exotic Animal Veterinary Services
4105 Rust Rd.
Fairfax VA.22030
703 281 3750

some times its just she wants to be alone so no extra traffic in the room and they do alot of test tunnels before they accually lay

edit:i just noticed how late to the party i am on this answer i hope everything went well
Back to top Go down

veiled chameleon
Page 1 of 1