VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking to build a custom vivarium for Boa constrictor constrictor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Smilesthegreat

Looking to build a custom vivarium for Boa constrictor constrictor Empty
PostSubject: Looking to build a custom vivarium for Boa constrictor constrictor   Looking to build a custom vivarium for Boa constrictor constrictor EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 9:50 pm

Hello all
My husband and I are preparing to build a custom vivarium for our Red-Tailed Boa Constrictor (Boa constrictor constrictor). I am looking for some advice on creating a bioactive substrate system for her. I am looking for an effective substrate mixture as well as plants to add. Any advice that could be given or resources that can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
I am leaning heavily towards the BSS system after reading through Advanced Vivarium System's The Art of Keeping Snakes. I am curious to know if anyone here has had any experience and success.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: Looking to build a custom vivarium for Boa constrictor constrictor   Looking to build a custom vivarium for Boa constrictor constrictor EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 10:05 pm

I'm Jamie's boyfriend... check out this thread it has some interesting stuff in it...

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?193345-Bioactive-Substrate-System
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
Smilesthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Looking to build a custom vivarium for Boa constrictor constrictor   Looking to build a custom vivarium for Boa constrictor constrictor EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Thank you. Reading it now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking to build a custom vivarium for Boa constrictor constrictor   Looking to build a custom vivarium for Boa constrictor constrictor Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking to build a custom vivarium for Boa constrictor constrictor
Page 1 of 1