VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I finally found one in one piece!

Go down 
+4
smd58
sic_anger
Rhuwme
Focal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

I finally found one in one piece! Empty
PostSubject: I finally found one in one piece!   I finally found one in one piece! EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 6:32 pm

I've been looking for a looong time. Of course it's empty and I wouldn't harm a live one, but I love all the gems the Chesapeake Bay has to offer. The storm washed a bunch in and I must've went through a hundred before I found a good one.

I finally found one in one piece! C3A3D8B7-FDC1-4AF9-B1AF-FAFDA80672F4-1450-0000012DE99A4E1F_zpsb3b48809

I finally found one in one piece! 48AB9E9F-1A8D-474B-88F7-E6A04093C02A-1450-0000012DEEAA0615_zpsc6fbd6e3
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Rhuwme
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Rhuwme

PostSubject: Re: I finally found one in one piece!   I finally found one in one piece! EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Very nice. I went out on the beach here at Willoughby this past weekend and also noticed lots and lots of horseshoe crab shells, but none were whole.
Back to top Go down
sic_anger
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
sic_anger

PostSubject: Re: I finally found one in one piece!   I finally found one in one piece! EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 7:37 pm

Jealous mine has everything but the tail
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: I finally found one in one piece!   I finally found one in one piece! EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 8:03 pm

Vary nice
Back to top Go down
Southern_Comfort_Reptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: I finally found one in one piece!   I finally found one in one piece! EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 8:37 pm

So neat.
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

PostSubject: Re: I finally found one in one piece!   I finally found one in one piece! EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 8:39 pm

thats neat i may have to go out back and look around on the beach:D 
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: I finally found one in one piece!   I finally found one in one piece! EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:25 am

Awesome!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sbouldin
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: I finally found one in one piece!   I finally found one in one piece! EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:48 am

Isn't that crazy that that's a crab?? Lol. Looks awesome, great piece !
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: I finally found one in one piece!   I finally found one in one piece! EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 11:46 am

Yep, they are living fossils.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I finally found one in one piece!   I finally found one in one piece! Empty

Back to top Go down

I finally found one in one piece!
Page 1 of 1