VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Unbelievable Odds!

Go down 
+8
Grymm
smd58
dj6884
maxhorsley
Focal
zues
Don
MADKATTER
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 8:53 am

So, I thought I would join in on Clay's Albino Pied excitement with my own pied project. This past breeding season was really turning out to be a total flop for me. Anyway, at the beginning of the 2012-2013 breeding season, I aquired a black pastel 100% het pied male. So excited to get him! I had 4 het pied females ready to go! This dang dong male just did not seem interested in the ladies. I couldn't believe it! I thought I had a defective snake. I began pairing heavily around december and did not actually witness a lock until May! It was only one that I saw! Shortly after that one lock, she ovulated. I had run a few other males through these girls in hopes of stirring this other males instincts, but I was pretty confident he did the job. After the one girl ovulated another het ovulated. I wasn't sure who the daddy was for that one. Fast forward to hatch time (both girls laid 8 eggs. 1 egg went bad). 1st clutch to hatch I get 1 visual pied, 1 black pastel 66% het pied, and 5 66% het pied. Cool! He's proven and she is proven. Now I know my odds are 1/16 for a black pastel pied and I am just hoping beyond hope for just 1. 2nd clutch hatches and I cannot believe my eyes! I never in a million years would have expected this. 4!!!! Black Pastel Pieds, 2 Pieds, and 2 Black Pastels!!! From a het to het pairing! I am still a bit in disbelief. A so-so season turned into something amazing for 2 people on VaHerps. I will stop blabbering now and post the pics. Thanks for sharing folks.

Unbelievable Odds! %3Ca%20href=Unbelievable Odds! BlackPastelPiedClutch_zps2b4e1d1e" />

Unbelievable Odds! %3Ca%20href=Unbelievable Odds! BlackPastePiedClutch2_zps27a66772" />
Back to top Go down
Don

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:32 am

very nice looking clutch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:37 am

Your odds were 1/8 for the black pastel pied but great odds none the less.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 10:11 am

Nice stuff congrats!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:57 pm

awesome!

cheers 
Back to top Go down
dj6884
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
dj6884

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:46 pm

congrats they looks awesome:smb2585: 
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 6:26 pm

Congrats, looking good they are.
Back to top Go down
Grymm
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Grymm

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Fantastic looking babies!!!!!!!! Congrats
Back to top Go down
http://www.grymmexotics.com/
Southern_Comfort_Reptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Congrats on the clutch!
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 7:44 pm

Grats !
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Great looking babies!
Back to top Go down
jugamojack
jugamojack

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 12:09 pm

<===============Jealous Gorgeous babies

My babies are growing well.......but unfortunately it will not be a breeding season for either of them this year :-( Oh well.....I guess I will just have to wait until next year.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 2:06 pm

John, I'm kind of disappointed in you and I feel you have lead us on. You produced these amazing animals and posted marginal pics. Here we are two days later with no updates or individual shots. I'm starting to think you are just toying with our emotions. I am requesting, no demanding close up shots or deeming this incident as "... Or did not happen." Thank you, that is all.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 3:55 pm

lol! 
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 8:47 am

Nick, I absolutely must apologize for my behavior. It was never my intention to toy with anyone's emotions. My lack of compasion regarding follow up pictures will not go unpunished! As I type this on this beautiful monday morning, I am doubling my alcohol intake! This type of behavior cannot be allowed to continue by me or anyone else on this board. After I have been sufficiently "pickled" and I then regain consciousness, I will check on the status of the hatchlings and their post hatch shed. As you well know, pictures are far better after they shed. Again, my sincerest apologies if I have in anyway put undue stress or negative emotions upon anyone who has viewed this thread. I have attached a number to a grief counselor if needed. 1-800-Go-F#$k-Yourself. Thank you for your time and understanding.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 am

Thanks John. It's never too late to change the path you are on. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unbelievable Odds! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable Odds!   Unbelievable Odds! Empty

Back to top Go down

Unbelievable Odds!
Page 1 of 1