VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Humidifiers

Go down 
+2
pksnipr
Focal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Humidifiers Empty
PostSubject: Humidifiers   Humidifiers EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Anyone else have to break them out and get 'em running? I've been using two of the dinky little Vicks units and have them on a timer. One runs in the morning and one in the evening. I have to fill them everyday but I am looking for a larger volume unit. Maybe one that I only have to fill once or twice a week that can continuously run ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
pksnipr
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
pksnipr

Humidifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humidifiers   Humidifiers EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 9:44 pm

funny u say that. ive been scanning craigslist for one this week. with this weather misting ain't working. even with barr's enclosures. checked a few out but unless you wanna do your whole house the biggest reservoir i've been able to find is 2 gallons. instructions say it lasts about a day and a half and, it's 200 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Don

Humidifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humidifiers   Humidifiers EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:52 pm

I have one running almost all the time in my snake room. It is a large one and I'm filling it twice each day. I still struggle to keep the humidity just right. So, I also go around with a squirt bottle when someone is in shed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Christopher
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Christopher

Humidifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humidifiers   Humidifiers EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:55 am

I may have a problem with my humidity. Is it true that RI's come from the humidity being to high??

I have a 1.1 gal reservoir on my humidifier and it runs roughly 2/3 the time. Lasts 1 day.
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

Humidifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humidifiers   Humidifiers EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:40 am

RIs can be caused by too little humidity if I'm not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

Humidifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humidifiers   Humidifiers EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:43 am

I just use a big zoo Med Mister two times a day and a box filled with moss during shed. I use glass tanks sadly enough but my humidity is staying around 50, I know it should be a touch higher but everyone is healthy and sheds fine.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Humidifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humidifiers   Humidifiers EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:19 am

Christopher wrote:
I may have a problem with my humidity. Is it true that RI's come from the humidity being to high??

I have a 1.1 gal reservoir on my humidifier and it runs roughly 2/3 the time. Lasts 1 day.

I have heard so. Not to mention mold and bacteria that may thrive. I like to keep it around 50-70% but it usually stays on the low end of around 40-50 in the winter and 60-70 in the summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

Humidifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humidifiers   Humidifiers EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:33 pm

It's funny I read about humidity all the time. And to tell the truth I do nothing to add to it at all. And I've never had a problem with it. Just lucky I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Humidifiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humidifiers   Humidifiers Empty

Back to top Go down

Humidifiers
Page 1 of 1