VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

prevent a mite questions i had wood mites

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites Empty
PostSubject: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:36 pm

i did as the can directed cleaned out enitre cage replace substrate and sprayed the cage with prevent a mite i let the cage air out for 24 hours before returning snake to cage. now my snake keeps rolling over on his back and seems to be trying to hold his body off of substrate as much as possible. i house to snakes in this cage a 300 gram normal and a 150 gram spider both are males and havent shed within the last week. the normal seems more active then normal but not acting strangely. whats going on here???? affraid
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:39 pm

Was the substrate dry? Did you remove the waterbowl before you sprayed?
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:42 pm

nuthin was in tank hides, plants, or water bowls when i sparyed, and i didnt mist the tank with water but i supose it could have been moist
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:45 pm

i have been using aspen bedding
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:45 pm

Did you clean the substrate and all other items from the cage when you sprayed it??

If not REMOVE them ASAP rinse them with warm water dry them and repeat give them a warm bath let them soak for a little bit and dry them again.

As for the tank rinse the tank out as well with warm even slightly soapy water make sure to rinse ( and rinse GOOD) and dry the tank before placing the animals back in the tank.

As for thing's that were inside the tank Clean wash and rinse them as well be thorough if you have doubt's about it being clean what's the hurt in doing once more...

I hope this help If you have anymore question.... Just ask Very Happy
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:47 pm

i guess thats what must do
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:02 pm

keep us posted... and get you a rack! Smile I feel like they are much less maintenance than aquariums/tanks.
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:21 pm

well 2 hours or solid getting it done work they seem to be doing much better and are back to acting like normal snakes again thanks.
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 pm

snakes racks are with out a doubt less work and maybe i better way to keep them but i really enjoy being able to view my snakes whenever i feel like it with out pulling them out of their cage or rack. im sure as my collection grows ill invest in one or two for hatchlings and what not but i watch my snakes like some people watch fish. they amaze me in everything they do.
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:16 pm

ok well my normal is 100 percent fine but my spider is twitching
i soaked him two seprate time nuthing at all that was in the tank when i sparyed that **** is or has gone back in it sense i cleaned it again i used a mild soap water solution dried it with a towel and put it in the sunlight till it was bone dry but hes acting very very weird. what is wrong with my snake!!!
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Spider's have a slight wobble some more than others.... How's the twitching what do you mean by twitching excatly? Wish I could be of more help
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:31 pm

i know about the whole womble thing but ive never seen him or any other snake act like this he looks like he developed a case of terrets i have him in a warm tube soaking again for the thrid time and when i put him in there held his mouth open for a few seconds like 8 to 10 like he was trying to reguratate something but hes breathing fine and i dont hear any weasing or any other signs of ri?
im really worried about him but unsure of what to do for him i am never using that **** again i really hope i didnt poison him
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:59 pm

Im sure you'll and he will be ok... In some case's I may be off subject a little but sometimes spider's develop the wobble later in life... I hope everything does smoothly keep us updated on how he is Im gonna be on the rest of the night so if you have any question's just ask
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:18 am

How long have you had this spider?
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 2:32 pm

he was from a very early clutch this year but seems to be doing much better now
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 2:38 pm

He should do fine Glad to hear he's doing better I know when I had to use P.A.M the smell of the fumes got to me a little specially when your in inclosed area's he more than likely just needed alot of fresh air Glad to hear he's doin good... Well I gotta run be back in few Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rossreptiles
rossreptiles

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Keeping the snakes in their own cage/tub would be a good step to take. I use a mixture of 1 gallon distilled water to 1 bottle of NIX shampoo to treat any snakes I get in for mites whether I see them or not. It will prevent and get rid of mites. You must clean everything and put the snake in a clean tub/cage and treat the old one and the snake. I only have 2 snakes together when breeding. I have used this even on baby snakes with no problems. Give the snake a good soak in it and spray and clean all areas in snake room.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/vinlandreptiles
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: prevent a mite questions i had wood mites   prevent a mite questions  i had wood mites Empty

Back to top Go down

prevent a mite questions i had wood mites
Page 1 of 1