VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fence Lizards/Skinks?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scooterisaboss4

Fence Lizards/Skinks? Empty
PostSubject: Fence Lizards/Skinks?   Fence Lizards/Skinks? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:24 am

I have never seen a fence lizard in my county(prince william) yet they are reported to be here on the Viginia Herpetological society's website. Also, ive seen/caught many of the common skinks but ive never seen a coal skink or little brown skink. Ive also never seen a glass lizard. Anyone know how to find one of these?
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Fence Lizards/Skinks?   Fence Lizards/Skinks? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 11:52 am

I've found Fence Lizards and Little Brown Skinks in southeastern PWC. Both species are more prevalent in the Costal Plain as a posed to the Piedmont in PWC. Coal Skinks have a spotty distribution southwest of PWC. The two species of glass lizard native to VA are found south of PWC.

The current list of known herps in PWC
http://www.virginiaherpetologicalsociety.com/county/princewilliam-co.pdf
Back to top Go down
scooterisaboss4

PostSubject: Re: Fence Lizards/Skinks?   Fence Lizards/Skinks? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 1:27 pm

I have a printed list but i forgot to check it, thanks:) ill check that out
Back to top Go down
scooterisaboss4

PostSubject: Re: Fence Lizards/Skinks?   Fence Lizards/Skinks? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 1:29 pm

Was it near Quantico?
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Fence Lizards/Skinks?   Fence Lizards/Skinks? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 2:23 pm

I've found fence lizards in Lynchburg area. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
scooterisaboss4

PostSubject: Re: Fence Lizards/Skinks?   Fence Lizards/Skinks? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 6:10 pm

thanks. im gonna look in locust shade park
Back to top Go down
Bobbykaizer
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Bobbykaizer

PostSubject: Re: Fence Lizards/Skinks?   Fence Lizards/Skinks? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:24 pm

I know where you can find a ton of Eastern fence lizards... Where I go hunting in waverly there is a ton if them
Back to top Go down
scooterisaboss4

PostSubject: Re: Fence Lizards/Skinks?   Fence Lizards/Skinks? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:03 pm

cool now ive got a good list of places
Back to top Go down
scooterisaboss4

PostSubject: Re: Fence Lizards/Skinks?   Fence Lizards/Skinks? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:04 pm

where in waverly
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Fence Lizards/Skinks?   Fence Lizards/Skinks? EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:13 pm

We've got fence lizards and brown skinks in surrounding counties of Charlottesville
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fence Lizards/Skinks?   Fence Lizards/Skinks? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fence Lizards/Skinks?
Page 1 of 1