VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

crocodile tears and snake oil

Go down 
+9
Jabberwocky Dragons
megkel
mamasmarco
Focal
BlackboxStar
smd58
zues
Class43
recessive
13 posters
AuthorMessage
recessive

crocodile tears and snake oil Empty
PostSubject: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:26 pm

What up VA herps. My handle is recessive because I am all about recessive genetic mutations, in all things.. Snakes, mushrooms, people, frogs, whatever.

I have a pretty decent collection of ball pythons, I really enjoy the hobby. I got rid of my boas due to space constraints and the fact that they were psychos.

Anyway, you can expect to see some pretty sweet recessive ball python morphs coming from me this breeding season. Am working on quite a few, but My favorite so far is going to be the black pastel albinos Very Happy

See ya on the boards, probably.
Back to top Go down
Class43
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Class43

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Welcome Hi
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:31 pm

What ball python recessive genes are you working with?
Back to top Go down
recessive

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:42 pm

zues wrote:
What ball python recessive genes are you working with?

I have all the basic recessives, nothing awesome yet. Ghosts, albinos, piebalds. Its the combos that are going to be what's impressive, to me. Will work my way up to clowns and axanthics once I can justify the expense. I got some real decent deals on my piebalds, was a once in a blue moon thing really. Can't even imagine being a collector outside of the tidewater area...
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:49 pm

Are you working on recessive/codom combos or double recessives? I'm working on a little of both but mostly working towards triple or even quad recessives.
Back to top Go down
recessive

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:55 pm

zues wrote:
Are you working on recessive/codom combos or double recessives? I'm working on a little of both but mostly working towards triple or even quad recessives.

both. also some dominate/co-dom recessives as well if I can fit them in without too many variables. Might wait until the breeding season following next for everything I want to do with what I have.

I really like hypomelanistic morph combos, and everything I produce that are not double allele mutations, (like lemon blast yellow bellies etc) will be triple het.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:09 am

Welcome, good luck in your endeavors.
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 1:49 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:56 am

Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 11:39 am

I welcome you as well..! And thank you again for your business. There are a bunch of nice guys here (except Nick, he always drinks your beer.. tongue ) and you guys will fit right in..
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
recessive

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 11:46 am

I appreciate the warm welcome. I am a system administrator, run my own server and several websites/webstores, so the internet is my home Wink I'll probably be here often
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 3:27 pm

mamasmarco wrote:
I welcome you as well..! And thank you again for your business. There are a bunch of nice guys here (except Nick, he always drinks your beer.. tongue ) and you guys will fit right in..

I'm starting to realize I have a drinking problem ... My friends are going to start hiding their beer! I'll have to solve this problem by showing up unannounced Wink
Back to top Go down
recessive

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 3:41 pm

if theres beer in my fridge, my friends are always welcome to it, so long as its not the last beer LMAO
Back to top Go down
megkel
Established Member
Established Member
megkel

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Welcome. I am also new to this forum but I have a thing for recessive genes also, in particular albino. I am not to big into ball pythons however I have a male albino, a female het for albino. and a male het for albino and pied. Good luck on your projects!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Forgot to add, I also do albino stuff. It's a classic that everyone loves when they see it for the first time.
Back to top Go down
recessive

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:40 pm

Albino's were the original morph if my memory serves me correctly! They are certainly one of my favorites too!

I just like that look of hypo morphs. Just about anything looks good as a ghost!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:55 pm

What type of mushrooms do you grow? I have a planted terrarium that grows the occasional mushroom but they die in a couple days. I started looking into spore kits and in that little bit of time, the posts I read talked me out of it lol.
Back to top Go down
recessive

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:58 pm

I can grow any mushroom that is commercially available. I prefer reishi, cordyceps (not easy), and PINK oysters... but i can grow any of them. I was going to persue a career as an environmental microbiologist, but i decided that I really don't like insurance adjusters.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 10:39 pm

Welcome! I'm a big fan of the recessives too. We're working on them in bearded dragons and bps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 10:53 pm

I just got my first recessives in the form of an albino burn double het granite and patternless in a trade... Although my plans for her are less burn breeding, but possibly getting an albino retic to go with her... Also, welcome!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 10:54 pm

Burm*
Back to top Go down
recessive

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 11:00 pm

nice, my wife wont let me get any burmese :/
Back to top Go down
recessive

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 11:02 pm

(double post)
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 11:04 pm

The albino is what sold my girl, she has wanted an albino for a while and we have not got one, I was offered the burm in a trade and the fact its albino is what pushed my girl to be ok with it, that and the fact its still small, only about 2.5 feet and puppy dog tame already lol
Back to top Go down
recessive

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 11:10 pm

They are usually really cool snakes, and lookers too when they are babies like that! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyTue May 28, 2013 11:12 pm

I agree, when the pattern is still defined and they still have the orange in there, absolutely, and I may want to try my hand on bateaters when she comes to age, they are my dream hybrid...
Back to top Go down
Rhinoviper11x

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyWed May 29, 2013 3:15 am

Welcome I'm new around here too. I started with ball pythons. I love them to death but they are very addictive. I just kept finding new morphs I wanted that drained my bank account so I veered off to large pythons. I think I had the biggest African rock in VA haha. He now lives in midloathian. I may hit you up this breeding season as I only have hot at the moment an I'm introducing my gf to reptiles. I'm also getting her into my real passion of saltwater reef aquariums so my funds are low at the moment but I'd really like to to have a certain BP. My name is Kennedy I'm in Roanoke if you're close.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyWed May 29, 2013 9:56 am

recessive wrote:
I can grow any mushroom that is commercially available. I prefer reishi, cordyceps (not easy), and PINK oysters... but i can grow any of them. I was going to persue a career as an environmental microbiologist, but i decided that I really don't like insurance adjusters.

Thanks for the info! I started looking into them until my phone died. I really like the pink oysters.
Back to top Go down
recessive

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:44 am

Focal wrote:
recessive wrote:

Thanks for the info! I started looking into them until my phone died. I really like the pink oysters.

They are super easy to grow. Can grow them on wheat straw in a laundry basket Razz

If you need any specific help, shoot me a PM and I will point you in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyWed May 29, 2013 12:16 pm

I read this thread but did not leave any comments. Nice conversation, though. Welcome. Smile I love to see people working with recessive morphs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
recessive

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyWed May 29, 2013 12:34 pm

DaganGecko wrote:
I read this thread but did not leave any comments. Nice conversation, though. Welcome. Smile I love to see people working with recessive morphs.

Ty. I think people find co-doms attractive because as a newbie it seems to be quicker in producing higher end morphs, and are a visual Heterozygous mutation. What people don't realize is that in substance recessive and co-dom moprhs are the same. To produce their super forms it starts with a Heterozygous mutation, unless you have a super form already. Recessive mutations just aren't visual when one allele carries the mutation, so its not fun to take a gamble on buying a het from people you don't know, and that you cant prove out for possibly years :/ Recessive super forms are expensive so I guess that kind of keeps people out of the recessive end of the hobby for the most part.

When I first started people wanted $500 for a hatchling albino female! LOL I paid 400 for my adult albino high contrast female Razz ...now if i could just get her off the mice the original owner got her hooked on...
Back to top Go down
SilverLs
SilverLs

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyWed May 29, 2013 2:08 pm

recessive wrote:

When I first started people wanted $500 for a hatchling albino female! LOL I paid 400 for my adult albino high contrast female Razz ...now if i could just get her off the mice the original owner got her hooked on...

Yeah, she is a pain in the butt!
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil EmptyWed May 29, 2013 9:02 pm

I got a mouse eater also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: crocodile tears and snake oil   crocodile tears and snake oil Empty

Back to top Go down

crocodile tears and snake oil
Page 1 of 1