VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ball Pythons Stolen!!!

Go down 
+4
Focal
Southern_Comfort_Reptiles
mamasmarco
Nfarrown
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Nfarrown
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Nfarrown

Ball Pythons Stolen!!! Empty
PostSubject: Ball Pythons Stolen!!!   Ball Pythons Stolen!!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:17 pm

My niece and nephew had two of their ball pythons stolen today. They are a male cinnamon and a female albino and are both juveniles. They were stolen from the Virginia Beach area sometime this afternoon and my niece and nephew are very upset. The snakes are easy to handle and very calm. I have alerted Pet Paradise and will alert Animal Jungle tomorrow when I go in to work. If anyone sees or hears of any for sale in the Hampton Roads area please let me know ASAP because we'd really like them back.
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

PostSubject: Re: Ball Pythons Stolen!!!   Ball Pythons Stolen!!! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 3:48 am

check the ads on craigslist... might get lucky there
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
Southern_Comfort_Reptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Ball Pythons Stolen!!!   Ball Pythons Stolen!!! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:49 am

And ebay.
Ive seen a few stolen snakes on there cause people try to slide under the radar by selling them on there thinking people dont use ebay as much as craigslist anymore so they are less likely to be caught.

Good luck on finding them though.

Ill keep a look out!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Ball Pythons Stolen!!!   Ball Pythons Stolen!!! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:48 am

Do you have pics?
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: Ball Pythons Stolen!!!   Ball Pythons Stolen!!! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:00 am

How did they get stolen?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: Ball Pythons Stolen!!!   Ball Pythons Stolen!!! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:26 am

I will keep an eye out as well, i tend to stalk CL and all the classifieds while at work non stop so if I see anything I will let you know
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Ball Pythons Stolen!!!   Ball Pythons Stolen!!! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 10:03 am

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pet/3752509327.html

Someone else posted on craigslist about ball pythons being stolen. Was your also taken in a burglary? Hope this isn't going to be the new trend. Sh*t like this makes all the expense and cleaning that comes with owning two mastiffs worth it.
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: Ball Pythons Stolen!!!   Ball Pythons Stolen!!! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 12:55 pm

+1 on the pics. Also put an alert on CL, Ball-Pythons.com, and FaunaClassifieds as well as checking eBay.

Don't forget the local pet stores, they get a lot of requests for owner surrenders, which is how we eventually got our BCI. If the perps can't sell them they might try to dump them at a shop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
Nfarrown
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Nfarrown

PostSubject: Re: Ball Pythons Stolen!!!   Ball Pythons Stolen!!! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:55 pm

zues wrote:
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pet/3752509327.html

Someone else posted on craigslist about ball pythons being stolen. Was your also taken in a burglary? Hope this isn't going to be the new trend. Sh*t like this makes all the expense and cleaning that comes with owning two mastiffs worth it.

If you're talking about the VB post then yes that post was by the woman who had the snakes stolen, my family member. She was keeping them for my niece and nephew because they can't have them where they are right now. She has a few of their snakes.
Back to top Go down
Nfarrown
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Nfarrown

PostSubject: Re: Ball Pythons Stolen!!!   Ball Pythons Stolen!!! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:57 pm

bcr229 wrote:
+1 on the pics. Also put an alert on CL, Ball-Pythons.com, and FaunaClassifieds as well as checking eBay.

Don't forget the local pet stores, they get a lot of requests for owner surrenders, which is how we eventually got our BCI. If the perps can't sell them they might try to dump them at a shop.

I alerted the two most popular pet stores here in Hampton Roads one of which I work for. They are on the look out for them. Sadly we may know who took them (and he's family), we just have to find the scumbag.
Back to top Go down
Nfarrown
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Nfarrown

PostSubject: Re: Ball Pythons Stolen!!!   Ball Pythons Stolen!!! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:02 pm

TheRealYoda34 wrote:
How did they get stolen?

They went to dinner and came back a few hours later to discover that someone had broken into the place and stolen the snakes. The person initially took 3 snakes but dropped one outside that the owner luckily found. We think the person who took them is a family member who's hard up for money right now, but can't prove it. Said person knows I work for a pet store and knows what the snakes are worth.
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: Ball Pythons Stolen!!!   Ball Pythons Stolen!!! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:21 pm

O wow... Well I will keep keeping an eye out for you
Back to top Go down
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

PostSubject: Re: Ball Pythons Stolen!!!   Ball Pythons Stolen!!! EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Nfarrown wrote:
TheRealYoda34 wrote:
How did they get stolen?

They went to dinner and came back a few hours later to discover that someone had broken into the place and stolen the snakes. The person initially took 3 snakes but dropped one outside that the owner luckily found. We think the person who took them is a family member who's hard up for money right now, but can't prove it. Said person knows I work for a pet store and knows what the snakes are worth.

Well yes, if they stole the snakes, they knew what they were worth. And knew they actually "had" snakes inside; it's not a common burlgary!! Plus usually people are afraid of picking up snakes, so stealing them....

Hope they find the snakes. Pics of them would be good so we can keep an eye for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ball Pythons Stolen!!!   Ball Pythons Stolen!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Ball Pythons Stolen!!!
Page 1 of 1