VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ball pythons

Go down 
+2
maxhorsley
sbouldin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sbouldin
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

ball pythons Empty
PostSubject: ball pythons   ball pythons EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Is it just me or is almost EVERYONE breeding ball pythons now? Don't get me wrong, my boyfriend is into it and I like them, but isn't it a bit discouraging?? Plus it seems like that's all their is on forums or at expos now. Not that I mind reading about them all day, cause I do like them. But, what so special about them and not some of the more unique lizards and stuff? Hope no one thinks I'm putting them down, just curious...
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

ball pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball pythons   ball pythons EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 10:02 pm

...i feel so far behind as i am just getting started building my EMPIRE...lmao...our beardies were here first though and we have big plans for them too. I think there are so many possibilities of what you can do with ball pythons...and in a conversation with Marco today-he mentioned to me there's still possibilities of morphs that have yet to be created, maybe that's part of the draw to it. I've just had a love for reptiles since i was 6 yrs old collecting king snakes and western diamondbacks(hiding them in grain barrels in the barn from my dad)...grew up on a ranch in Nor Cal.
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

ball pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball pythons   ball pythons EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 10:03 pm

I think its because its easy to get into and they are everywhere, and eveyone thinks its am easy way to make loads of cash although its not, I personally am starting to breed ball pythons, but also colubirds, leopard geckos, crested geckos, bearded dragons and eventually I want to get a pair of satanic leaf taileds to breed... I'm all over the place lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

ball pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball pythons   ball pythons EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 10:22 pm

They are everywhere. But that's not really new. I've been around long enough to see this happen with just about every snake there is. Corns. Hondas, hogs, boas.... They all have had there spot light days. And like most things they will come around again. Vary few will ever make big money, just do it for the love. If there's a morp you want and can't afford, do it your self. May take longer but I think it's more rewarding in the end.
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

ball pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball pythons   ball pythons EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 10:24 pm

That's the while reason I wanted to start breeding, I want a BEL, they are what started my reptile craze, and thought it would be more fun and rewarding to produce my own... Granted now besides that I want a panda pied, but that may take me a long while lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

ball pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball pythons   ball pythons EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:29 am

In order to make money on ball pythons you would have to invest big money. To start with morphs that everybody can afford sure is the wrong way. When an average person can afford a morph, there will be ton loads of people who produce them already. In order to make big money you need to invest big money first. I personally do this because i love my critters. Breeding ball pythons today for living is like buying a Taxi in Manhattan. If you only buy one or two the competition is going to smash you on the wall. If you buy 30 or 40 of them you're in the race and are able to compete...
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

ball pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball pythons   ball pythons EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Most people do it thinking their bout to make $$$ by the truck load what they fail to realize is the care that will be needed when they hatch food housing etc etc and it adds up quickly
then when the same people see this and the actual amount of work cleaning feeding etc etc that has to go into it they usually sell out everything at a below market value and walk away losing money.
It's alot harder than most think to actually do this for a profit and even harder to live off it ( reason most consider it a hobby and still work a real job )

I know I'm going to sound like a douche when I say this but let them do them and I'll be there with cash in hand when they're ready to sell out because they got in over their heads without proper planing.

But yes I agree with SMD58 I've seen it jump from one to the other species year after year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ball pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball pythons   ball pythons Empty

Back to top Go down

ball pythons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: