VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The wetland begins to awaken....

Go down 
+3
Focal
BlackboxStar
jw
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

The wetland begins to awaken.... Empty
PostSubject: The wetland begins to awaken....   The wetland begins to awaken.... EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Male wood frogs make their way to the vernal pools and start calling for the females.
The wetland begins to awaken.... Woodfrog1
-
The wetland begins to awaken.... Woodfrog2
-
The wetland begins to awaken.... Woodfrog3
Soon the females arrive.
The wetland begins to awaken.... Woodfrogpair2
-
The wetland begins to awaken.... Woodfrogpair
A single eastern painted turtle takes advantage of strong, early spring sunshine.
The wetland begins to awaken.... Easternpaintedturtle
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: The wetland begins to awaken....   The wetland begins to awaken.... EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Ah frog love.

cryingwithlaughter
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: The wetland begins to awaken....   The wetland begins to awaken.... EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Great shots. The only time I ever see a turtle is after hearing a splash and its usually the one that wasn't paying attention wondering where his friends went.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: The wetland begins to awaken....   The wetland begins to awaken.... EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Thanks!

Turtles are often difficult to photograph. The one pictured above slipped into water. I sat there and waited for it to return, then I waited for it to dry because the glare off the wet shell was too harsh.
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: The wetland begins to awaken....   The wetland begins to awaken.... EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Great pics. I seen a lone spotted this past weekend. I heard a ton of frogs calling. Can't wait till spring has fully sprung!
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: The wetland begins to awaken....   The wetland begins to awaken.... EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:58 pm

heard tons of frogs on base today...damneck
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: The wetland begins to awaken....   The wetland begins to awaken.... EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:31 pm

awesome!
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: The wetland begins to awaken....   The wetland begins to awaken.... EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 am

where are the spottie pics? Seen them out breeding already
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: The wetland begins to awaken....   The wetland begins to awaken.... EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:13 pm

Unfortunately, I missed the Jefferson/spotted salamander mass migration to the breeding pools this year. The wood frogs have all but finished. Spring peepers, chorus frogs and a few American toads are calling in my area now. Looking forward to seeing my first snake of the season.
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: The wetland begins to awaken....   The wetland begins to awaken.... EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:46 pm

my first was a big boy chain king. Think he got flooded out from all the rain
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: The wetland begins to awaken....   The wetland begins to awaken.... EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:47 pm

oh and I meant spotted turtles Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The wetland begins to awaken....   The wetland begins to awaken.... Empty

Back to top Go down

The wetland begins to awaken....
Page 1 of 1