VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A short visit to the wetland

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

A short visit to the wetland Empty
PostSubject: A short visit to the wetland   A short visit to the wetland EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Got out this morning before it got too hot. Nothing out of the usual.

Green Heron
A short visit to the wetland 2024

Green Treefrog
A short visit to the wetland 2026
-
A short visit to the wetland 2027

Common Watersnake
A short visit to the wetland 2028
-
A short visit to the wetland 2029
-
A short visit to the wetland 2030
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: A short visit to the wetland   A short visit to the wetland EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:28 pm

Vary nice shots. I see a green heron and the water snake at a pond maintance account tust about every week.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: A short visit to the wetland   A short visit to the wetland EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks! I've only see a few green herons this year.
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: A short visit to the wetland   A short visit to the wetland EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:23 pm

I saw a bird kinda like that one that did some funny behavior. It stuck its head straight up in the air and started rocking back and fourth almost looked like a bunch of grass moving in the current. only problem with this was it was a wet weather pond and there isnt any current. Ever seen anything like that?
Back to top Go down
Bobbykaizer
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Bobbykaizer

PostSubject: Re: A short visit to the wetland   A short visit to the wetland EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 2:56 pm

nice pictures
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: A short visit to the wetland   A short visit to the wetland EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 3:05 pm

Thanks!

allaboutthekings wrote:
I saw a bird kinda like that one that did some funny behavior. It stuck its head straight up in the air and started rocking back and fourth almost looked like a bunch of grass moving in the current. only problem with this was it was a wet weather pond and there isnt any current. Ever seen anything like that?

I believe the behavior you are describing is a hunting tactic, but I don't know much about birds.
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: A short visit to the wetland   A short visit to the wetland EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:11 pm

I think it was trying to hide from me, only because it was looking straight up instead of looking down
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A short visit to the wetland   A short visit to the wetland Empty

Back to top Go down

A short visit to the wetland
Page 1 of 1