VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.

Go down 
+2
jamesearl
byrd'sballs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. Empty
PostSubject: any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.   any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 4:09 pm

title says it all i aquried a sick snake from a friend that was at her witts ends with the snake, i had a normal ball python 4 or 5 years ago get sick when i first started to collect them and i just rasied his tank temp to around 95 for a week and it cleared up, snake is still in my collection and is very very healthy. Is there anything else i can do? short of taking her to a vet
Back to top Go down
jamesearl
jamesearl

PostSubject: Re: any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.   any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 4:15 pm

Well that heat is right of course but the humidity could be helpful as well. If you have a small bathroom take the little one in there and run the shower (without) the snake in there at as hot as it will go so the bathroom steams all up and then let the snake breath that in and then do it again about twice a day. If it is a RI that should make it much better in 72 hours or so.

hope things work out Smile
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.   any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 4:18 pm

how long at a time should i put her in the bath room

im really depressed about this for it is a 2000 gram high contrast female ball

are there any treatments i can pic up from petstores or anything as well
Back to top Go down
jamesearl
jamesearl

PostSubject: Re: any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.   any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 4:22 pm

Well remember don't put her in the water. But take her in and turn the shower on as hot as it will go and leave her in there for 10-15 minutes twice a day and that should really help her out if it's a RI. Also while she is in there if you are leaving her in a tub and you have an extra take a towel and wet it with fairly warm water and then wring it out and put it under her to lay on while she is breathing that warm steam in.

take care
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.   any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 4:24 pm

thanks for the help man shes all ready in bathroom with shower running bout to put a towel in with her and we will see what happens thanks again
Back to top Go down
jamesearl
jamesearl

PostSubject: Re: any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.   any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Let me know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.   any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 4:40 pm

will do
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.   any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Pet Care in Va Beach only charged me $78 for an exam and meds when I took a BP in one time. Not toooo bad pricing. Less than what I thought it would be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.   any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 5:58 pm

that is pretty cheap if it doesnt clear up doing what im doing in 3 days or so ill take her up there, shes already sounding better
Back to top Go down
jamesearl
jamesearl

PostSubject: Re: any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.   any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:37 pm

very glad to hear that Smile
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.   any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:19 pm

2 days into treatments and my girl has stopped blowing bubbels and stop weezing quite as bad, i think she is well on her way to a happy healthy life!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jamesearl
jamesearl

PostSubject: Re: any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.   any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:27 pm

GREAT Laughing
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.   any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 1:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJCnPfuqaBM

Have you seen this BHB video? I used this F10 fogger treatment on one of my double het albino pieds. It cleared it right up. If you need it I'm sure we can work something out.
Back to top Go down
forni7

PostSubject: Re: any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.   any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:22 pm

also tetricycleen you can get it in packets and add it to the water. You can find it in fish meds at the pet store
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.   any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:04 am

I know tetracycline works with rodents with respiratory infections. I haven't heard of it being used on snakes. You do add it to the water but you have to change it daily and it is light sensitive so you can't have bright lights going when you use this. For rats they recommend 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of tetracycline per 8oz of water, but I'm not sure on the dosage for snakes since they are so much bigger. The kind you get in the store comes in little packets which equal roughly a teaspoon.

For rats, this worked for me. I cured several respiratory infections by using tetracycline in their water, but depending on the size of your snake, this might not be the best medication to use. I would consult with a veterinarian before using any kind of medication on your snake. What works for mammals may have adverse reactions with reptiles.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.   any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python. Empty

Back to top Go down

any at home treatments for respatory infection in ball python.
Page 1 of 1