VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Snake/Lizard Discussion.....

Go down 
+3
Focal
Vergesseneins
Docwade87
7 posters

Should there be separate snake and lizard discussion forums? As well as getting rid of the "show room discussion"?
Yes to both options
Snake/Lizard Discussion..... Vote_lcap33%Snake/Lizard Discussion..... Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
No to snake and lizard discussion
Snake/Lizard Discussion..... Vote_lcap0%Snake/Lizard Discussion..... Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Keep snake/lizard & change showroom to field herp
 33% [ 1 ]
I don't care either way
 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

Snake/Lizard Discussion..... Empty
PostSubject: Snake/Lizard Discussion.....   Snake/Lizard Discussion..... EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:50 pm

Instead of having the snake and lizard discussions together why don't we separate them? I also think that instead of having the "show room" section make it the field herping section and use the separate snake and lizard discussion forums to post relative pics in those?? what is everyones input??
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Snake/Lizard Discussion.....   Snake/Lizard Discussion..... EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:17 pm

ther is no vote to keep showroom! Sad
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: Snake/Lizard Discussion.....   Snake/Lizard Discussion..... EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:19 pm

sorry I forgot that one.....if you want that then post it on here
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Snake/Lizard Discussion.....   Snake/Lizard Discussion..... EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:24 pm

lol! Just wondering why you would want to split it? The only reason i can think of is if you are just trying to browse topics of ONLY snakes or ONLY Lizards just for the sake of reading. If you are trying to find something use search. It does sound like a good idea though. Today is the first time i have even clicked that forum. I always "Click to see new posts since your last visit!"...
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: Snake/Lizard Discussion.....   Snake/Lizard Discussion..... EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:36 pm

yea the search is an option, but why put snakes and lizards together?? there are plenty of users for both snakes and lizards separately to have separate forums I believe....

It was just something I thought of and threw it out there for people to consider. I don't mind it the way it is, been using forums for years now with reptiles and definitely know the ways to search etc.
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Snake/Lizard Discussion.....   Snake/Lizard Discussion..... EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:40 pm

UGH LIZARD PEOPLE! does sound like a good idea Cool
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Snake/Lizard Discussion.....   Snake/Lizard Discussion..... EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:47 pm

there is a field herping section tho
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: Snake/Lizard Discussion.....   Snake/Lizard Discussion..... EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:05 pm

you are right....well then we should do away with the showroom or something to that nature.....no need to have several forums where you can post the same things in?!?
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Snake/Lizard Discussion.....   Snake/Lizard Discussion..... EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:47 pm

Post pictures of your personal favorites or field collections!

just edit it to say

Post pictures of your personal favorites but not field herping stuff because we already have a field herping area for posting everything field herping but any other awesome pictures you would like to share with everyone goes in here.

mayb we could work on making it shorter i donno
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Snake/Lizard Discussion.....   Snake/Lizard Discussion..... EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 3:17 pm

The snake and lizard forums were combined because the lizard forum received very little traffic. They were once separate. I have received more comments about there being too many forums on here making it harder to navigate. Condensing the two was one solution to both problems.

The showroom is the third largest forum and keeps a good bit of traffic. The showroom is probably the most important forum to me. I think it's part of what makes this place special, photos. Members are proud of their pets and like to show them off so I think it's very fitting for the site.

There are currently two places for field herping. The showroom which is a catch all and the VHS FH forum.

I don't approach these decisions as a dictator and leave these to be made by current members. If it gets voted off, it's gone, but since its your decision, you have to sort all the current showroom threads to their respective forums lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Don

PostSubject: Re: Snake/Lizard Discussion.....   Snake/Lizard Discussion..... EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 3:33 pm

I too, like the show room as a separate forum. I also think we should have fewer forums, as we don't really have enough traffic to have more forums. Though, as we grow that may change.

I don't typically go to the forums unless I'm looking for an older thread. When I log in, I go straight to newly posted threads.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Snake/Lizard Discussion.....   Snake/Lizard Discussion..... EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 3:53 pm

I usually go to the newest threads, unless I'm looking for something in particular, which then I use the search. I do like the showroom being separate too.
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: Snake/Lizard Discussion.....   Snake/Lizard Discussion..... EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 3:54 pm

Glad to hear all input. Just was an idea that came up so I thought I would let it be heard. I just thought the Showroom was a little overkill since we already have other forums to post up the same things in?

Either way it wont change my mind about this forum. I'm glad to see it doing so well especially since it is a local one!!
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Snake/Lizard Discussion.....   Snake/Lizard Discussion..... EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 3:59 pm

I use newest threads... and if I want something in particular I search for it. I really don't scroll past "Show Latest Threads" or whatever...
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Snake/Lizard Discussion.....   Snake/Lizard Discussion..... EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:00 pm

I enjoy the overlapping subjects of some forums as it provides more variety.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snake/Lizard Discussion.....   Snake/Lizard Discussion..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Snake/Lizard Discussion.....
Page 1 of 1