VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some misc Lizard pics

Go down 
+2
byrd'sballs
jw
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

Some misc Lizard pics Empty
PostSubject: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Green Crested Basilisk
Some misc Lizard pics 0439
Eastern Six-lined Racerunner
Some misc Lizard pics 0216
Bibron's Gecko
Some misc Lizard pics 0020
Prehensile-Tailed Skink
Some misc Lizard pics 1450
Grand Cayman Iguana
Some misc Lizard pics 1549
Skunk Gecko
Some misc Lizard pics 0084
Chinese Cave Gecko
Some misc Lizard pics 0021
Eastern Glass Lizard
Some misc Lizard pics 1155
Desert Horned Lizard
Some misc Lizard pics 0504
Flying Gecko
Some misc Lizard pics 0063
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 5:17 pm

When I was about twelve years old I caught a glass lizard and didn't even brake his tail I kept him as a pet for 7 years or so before he died. It was the only one I've ever seen in the wild.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 5:27 pm

I've only seen a couple. Have you found the slender glass lizard? I've not found one yet.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 5:50 pm

I have had a couple of glass lizards, I bought them though. They lived for a few years and my first one was great, he loved to be held.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:59 pm

They are interesting animals.
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:07 pm

The one I caught was mostly silver gray in color
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:17 pm

That is neat! Was it a juvenile?
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:43 pm

He was about 16 inches or so when I caught it
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 8:28 pm

I've not found one that small.
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 8:47 pm

He couldn't have been much more then 24 inches when he died
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:21 pm

Like the monkey tail. The first lizard I remember keeping was a horned toad.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:29 pm

Anyone see many six-lined racerunners?
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:37 pm

I see a lot of broad head skinks, and blue tail skinks.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:45 pm

I enjoying finding those as well.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:29 am

I love the blue tail skinks. It seems half the time they aren't bothered by you as long as you aren't bothering them and will hang out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Four out of the five species of skink native to VA have blue tails as juveniles. The only native skink that doesn't have a blue tail as a juvenile, is the little brown skink (Scincella lateralis).
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 1:30 pm

I use to catch the little brown ones like crazy they are literally everywhere where I grew up in Suffolk. And in my back yard we had a tree stump that a huge broad head skink seemed to use as a home while I grew up
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:27 pm

With the little brown skinks, I hear more than I see. They seem to always rustle in the leaf litter at my feet, until I stop to look for them.
Back to top Go down
cochran
cochran

PostSubject: I see them fairly often in Lunenburg County!   Some misc Lizard pics EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:05 pm

jw wrote:
Anyone see many six-lined racerunners?
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:39 pm

jw, you probably know the answer to this. I found a very small lizard over the summer. He was about an inch and a half long, brown with some darker brownish colored spots and stripes. Unfortunately I didn't get a pic, but I never could figure out what it was. He was actually in my house running over the carpet when I found him, I put him in a small container until I could get him back ouside and but then he disappeared. He was very small, not a newt or salamander, I'm pretty positive it was a lizard unless my eyes were playing tricks on me. When I researched, I thought maybe an Eastern Fence, but I didn't know if they could be that small even as hatchlings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some misc Lizard pics   Some misc Lizard pics Empty

Back to top Go down

Some misc Lizard pics
Page 1 of 1