VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
attack_donut
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
attack_donut

Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa Empty
PostSubject: Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa   Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:23 am

I've actually had her (him? dunno) for a month now, but she's been difficult to capture on film (well, digital, but you know what I mean)
About 2 feet in length, and so far, I haven't directly witnessed her eat. I know she won't touch live or dead pinkies, and I've put some small frogs in her tank, which have gone missing, but it's possible they died and I can't find the bodies (they were very very small) so I'm going to try an anole next today. She's active and I know they have slow metabolisms, and sometimes stop eating for the winter, but beyond that, I know very little about them.

Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa Linus2

Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa Linus-1

She is in a terrarium with plants native to the Solomons Island region, with temps and humidity as close as I can make them. The plants love it, as witnessed by their rapid growth (first time I've ever been successful with terrestrial plants) and she's very docile and inquisitive.

Back to top Go down
http://plaguedbethyangel.blogspot.com
Don

PostSubject: Re: Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa   Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:32 am

Very interesting snake. I like the native habitat that you have reproduced.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa   Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 10:56 am

Wow that is a really cool-looking snake. Good luck with the feeding and everything, I've never seen a Solomon that looked like that. The terrarium looks great!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
attack_donut
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
attack_donut

PostSubject: Re: Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa   Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 11:49 am

Thank you, she was named Linus because when I bought her, she had a death grip on the wood, and I had to buy that too. Took her a few days to uncoil from that and move around, then she promptly went and hid behind the backdrop for a few weeks. Now she seems comfortable enough that she hangs out on the climbing branches and a few other places.
I really enjoyed setting up a natural terrarium for her, it's something I've always wanted to do, a spotlight, if you will, for my desk.
Back to top Go down
http://plaguedbethyangel.blogspot.com
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa   Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Nice snake and set up looks nice. Congrats and good luck on the eating part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa   Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet Linus, my Solomon Islands Tree Boa
Page 1 of 1