VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread

Go down 
+16
Grymm
Stray
Jabberwocky Dragons
acl2790
smb2585
Bobbykaizer
Cp3_Pythons
jw
allaboutthekings
Kittiekat149
smd58
Docwade87
leftoflarry
gatto152
zues
Focal
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

T-Shirt sizes
Smaller than XS if available
VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Vote_lcap4%VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
XS
VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Vote_lcap6%VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Sm
VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Vote_lcap4%VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Med
VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Vote_lcap16%VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Vote_rcap
 16% [ 8 ]
Large
VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Vote_lcap29%VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Vote_rcap
 29% [ 14 ]
XLrg
VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Vote_lcap18%VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Vote_rcap
 18% [ 9 ]
XXLrg
VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Vote_lcap16%VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Vote_rcap
 16% [ 8 ]
Larger than XXLrg if available
VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Vote_lcap6%VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 49

AuthorMessage
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Empty
PostSubject: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:44 pm

The idea of T-Shirts popped up in another thread and received positive feedback ... So

I was thinking one of the forum-blue colors for the shirts with maybe the forum header logo (small) on the front pocket area and a larger logo on the back with a picture underneath. Any suggestions?

I also created a poll so I can get a feel for size ratios. Voting is multi choice.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:18 am

Nick don't leave us fat guys hanging. We need lots of X's.
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
gatto152

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:25 am

the shirt should have a picture of my face! and id like a large with medium arms hahah
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:04 am

As expected the above poll now looks like a bell curve. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:11 am

Shirt design sounds good. I'm not very artistic, but a nice photo would be a good addition if we can all submit good quality photos and vote on it?
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:19 am

zues wrote:
Nick don't leave us fat guys hanging. We need lots of X's.

iagree
Back to top Go down
Kittiekat149
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Kittiekat149

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:33 pm

What about VA Herps in the center of the back with different reptiles around that?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Well, by the shirt sizes, I'd say don't mess with reptile owners Smile

Thanks for the input everyone! If you have a picture that you would want, post it!! I'll start another thread in a couple weeks and create another poll to see what everyone selects as a winning idear(s).

Keep the suggestions coming! Much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:40 am

You could go with some well liked native species and maybe more than one type so not to leave anyone out
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Have you consider using a service like cafepress.com and/or zazzle.com ?

The advantages are no inventory to manage, same design on many different products and no shipping hassle. The major disadvantage is you don't make much per item sold.

Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Nick,

I see only one problem but it can be cleared up pretty easily... What about children's T-Shirts?? Since they are the future of the hobby... Maybe a few size's for children to show support as well?? Just an idea and my 2 cent's for what it's worth....
Back to top Go down
Bobbykaizer
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Bobbykaizer

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:44 pm

i agree. kids would look sweet in some vaherps t shirts!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:36 pm

jw wrote:

The advantages are no inventory to manage, same design on many different products and no shipping hassle. The major disadvantage is you don't make much per item sold.

Not yet but I will definitely check them out. I only have access on my phone right now but have to look into it more when I return. Thanks John.

Cp3_Pythons wrote:
Nick,

I see only one problem but it can be cleared up pretty easily... What about children's T-Shirts?? Since they are the future of the hobby... Maybe a few size's for children to show support as well?? Just an idea and my 2 cent's for what it's worth....

Yup. I totally agree. I havent looked into a company yet but that will be a major factor.

Shirts are going to cost as little as possible. There will be no profit and at cost. I want to get as many of these out there as possible Smile. There will be some auctioned off for charity, donations to USARK, or continued ad-free fees for the forum.

I'm really excited about this!!
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:42 pm

Focal wrote:
jw wrote:

Not yet but I will definitely check them out. I only have access on my phone right now but have to look into it more when I return. Thanks John.

Cp3_Pythons wrote:
Nick,

Yup. I totally agree. I havent looked into a company yet but that will be a major factor.

Shirts are going to cost as little as possible. There will be no profit and at cost. I want to get as many of these out there as possible Smile. There will be some auctioned off for charity, donations to USARK, or continued ad-free fees for the forum.

I'm really excited about this!!

I'm sure most well all of us are... and Your doing a great job with the site!!!!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:49 pm

Thanks Clarence!
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 1:41 am

I remembered this great photo, maybe for the pocket.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/focalx/Picture123.jpg
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 9:52 am

Yep Steve - that's a winning photo
Back to top Go down
acl2790
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
acl2790

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Bourbon St New Orleans?
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 1:51 pm

smd58 wrote:

iagree
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 8:17 pm

smd58 wrote:

OMG Steve!!! LOL

That was in New Orleans and the hat belonged to one of those people that take tips and paint themselves bronze and act like statues. I made him laugh and break character so he let me borrow his hat and act like a statue Smile Drank a lot of hand grenades that night
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Oh gosh that picture definitely gets my vote XD lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
acl2790
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
acl2790

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Brings back my own Bourbon street memories... hand grenades and hurricanes!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:07 am

What do you think of these so far? The sapphire blue state-logo has to be changed to navy blue due to limited ink options, but I think it will suffice.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:26 am

These are the size options that are available:

Youth Sizes YXS
YS
YM
YL
YXL

Adult Sizes S
M
L
XL

Plus Sizes 2XL
3XL
4XL

Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:58 am

those look pretty good man! I like them simple like that as well. Maybe with time if these sell and do well, we can come up with some other designs that can be sold as well to members of the forum. But for now I think that is a good start. Maybe offer it in one or two colors for the shirt?
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:31 am

I like it, simple and in a xx size cheers
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:22 pm

The shirt design looks GREAT.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:39 pm

jw wrote:
The shirt design looks GREAT.

Thanks but we wouldn't have much if it weren't for you John!
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Thanks. Happy to help.
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:56 pm

Can we do different color shirts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:09 pm

I'll have to go back to the site and check but I think each order has to be a separate order, and the more separate orders the higher the price. Nothing is set in stone yet and I plan on trying through a couple more vendors first.

The reason I picked white is because the logo doesn't blend well with any other color. I'll show you what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:14 pm

This was the first color I picked for the shirt. The image doesn't look right.
Back to top Go down
acl2790
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
acl2790

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Looks great, I like the simple design and white background, nice job! Put me down for a large Smile
Back to top Go down
Grymm
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Grymm

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Looks Good to me
Back to top Go down
http://www.grymmexotics.com/
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:06 pm

The logo works great with white, a blue or dark no way.
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:13 pm

I think it would look alright with a grey t-shirt. But I agree that a colored shirt would like obscure or clash with the blue in the logo and a black shirt would hide the wording.

I wouldn't mind seeing one in grey though.
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:19 pm

I would vote for anything but white. Gets dirty way to easy.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:20 pm

zues wrote:

iagree

Let me get a black shirt.... LoL
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:24 pm

The wife says she'll wear one if you get the ladies v neck shirts
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:25 pm

zues wrote:

That's why I was thinking a grey. Grey is pretty good about hiding most dirt and grime and doesn't really stain easily. Plus it wouldn't hide the logo or lettering.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:28 am

zues wrote:

Forget the v-neck how about an outfit for the ladies:
VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Uniform

The only downside is that the outfit would have to sell for $5,000 each to cover the legal battles with Hooters.
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:58 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:15 pm

see how it would look with grey.....
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:36 pm

jw wrote:
zues wrote:

Forget the v-neck how about an outfit for the ladies:
VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Uniform

The only downside is that the outfit would have to sell for $5,000 each to cover the legal battles with Hooters.

If she comes with the outfit I could justify the 5000 cost.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:24 pm

Docwade87 wrote:
see how it would look with grey.....

Gray looks good as well.
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:00 pm

I like they grey as well. If you had enough wants for black, you could change the lettering to white and the outlining of the state to white? Or change them to any color for that matter.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:11 pm

All the colors could be changed, but it gets to a point if we change too much, it becomes a different logo.
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:55 pm

jw wrote:
All the colors could be changed, but it gets to a point if we change too much, it becomes a different logo.

Of course, but changing the outline or the lettering would not make it a different logo. Just throwing ideas out there. There should be a thread regarding the two shirts we have now with a poll on it plus an option for ideas like I have thrown out there and see what everyone likes....
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:57 pm

I like the grey one. Smile
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:11 pm

The gray one looks good, I like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread   VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

VaHerps T-Shirt Brainstorming Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Welcome to VaHerps! :: VaH Feedback and Announcements-
Jump to: