VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bulk Rat Food

Go down 
+4
b_rickard
BlackboxStar
Focal
zues
8 posters
AuthorMessage
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:31 am

Forgot to post this. I went earlier this week to Virginia Feed & Seed in Suffolk to pick up some rat food and they are now also carrying Kent along with Mazuri. Kent is 15.95 a bag and the Mazuri is 17.95. I have never tried the Kent but I might give it a try next time.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:35 am

Thanks! Have you heard anything comparing the two? I thought I heard Kent was better on another forum but don't recall a reason why.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:43 am

The Kent has more protein and less fat. Not sure how well that will be long term. Also I believe the Mazuri something in it to help with odor. Plus more protein is going to increase the smell as well. I still may try it but I will only buy a few bags to try the first time.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:45 am

Are they 40 or 50 lb bags?
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:50 am

I feed Mazuri. My male's getting really fat, but I'm not sure if that's the food, the treats, or the gender.

From what I've heard, though, Mazuri has high protein and some don't like it for that reason...so I can imagine that if Mazuri is high, you wouldn't want to go much higher.
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 9:28 am

Honestly Nick I didn't even think to ask because I had already paid and loaded when he told me they started carrying it. I assume it's a 50lb bag. If it's not I won't even try it. I like the Mazuri and was only thinking about the Kent to save a few bucks.
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:46 pm

If it is the same Kent from Iowa it is better in my opinion. There is less ash in it plus it is vegetable based.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:54 pm

Price has went up. 20.47 for mazuri and $19 for kent.
Back to top Go down
Don

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:12 pm

So, they are about even. I feed Mazuri because that is what I can get at the local feed store, and that is still 30+ minutes away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Dementeddogz

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:30 pm

BlackboxStar wrote:
I feed Mazuri. My male's getting really fat, but I'm not sure if that's the food, the treats, or the gender.

From what I've heard, though, Mazuri has high protein and some don't like it for that reason...so I can imagine that if Mazuri is high, you wouldn't want to go much higher.

Kent has higher protein lower fat, mazuri has several differt types with different nutritional vales for rats/mice/breeders/exc 6f if what is commonlyused for rat breeding
Back to top Go down
http://www.morphedout.com
Jodrock
Jodrock

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:15 pm

zues wrote:
Forgot to post this. I went earlier this week to Virginia Feed & Seed in Suffolk to pick up some rat food and they are now also carrying Kent along with Mazuri. Kent is 15.95 a bag and the Mazuri is 17.95. I have never tried the Kent but I might give it a try next time.

If you go on Mazuris site you can order 50 pound bags for 37 bucks shipped.
Back to top Go down
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Dementeddogz

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:36 pm

You can actually order it cheaper off of other sites in bulk Wink i wouldnt pay 37 a bag even overpriced locally can get st 30-32, less at another tack shop but they dont keep on hand and too long of a wait. Its easy enough to have 4 bags shipped under $110
Back to top Go down
Don

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:45 pm

My local feed store has it for $24 per 50 lb bag.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Dementeddogz

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:49 pm

Best price i know of is 20.50 but is at least an hour from me, $32 right down the street, $27 online shipped. I try to stock up on lower end but the drive sucks.
Back to top Go down
Jodrock
Jodrock

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 am

kaco wrote:
You can actually order it cheaper off of other sites in bulk Wink i wouldnt pay 37 a bag even overpriced locally can get st 30-32, less at another tack shop but they dont keep on hand and too long of a wait. Its easy enough to have 4 bags shipped under $110
Well the feed is 27 per bag and its standard shipping 9.99 so thats 118 for 4 bags
Back to top Go down
Jodrock
Jodrock

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 am

kaco wrote:
and what other sites please?
Back to top Go down
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Dementeddogz

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:21 am

Jodrock wrote:
kaco wrote:
Well the feed is 27 per bag and its standard shipping 9.99 so thats 118 for 4 bags

9.99 is only for 100lbs unless a promo then its cheaper to do 2 at a time or order by the ton
Back to top Go down
Jodrock
Jodrock

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:47 am

no its flate rate shipping its cheaper to get 4 bags
Back to top Go down
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Dementeddogz

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:45 am

If you go and start an order for 4 bags they are frieght at $250, you can change to ups ground for $119.** 9.99 is not a flat rate thru mazuri o.0 Only up to 100lbs i believe unless ive missed something :-p
Back to top Go down
KsK
KsK

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food EmptySun May 05, 2013 12:08 am

hope is ok if I partake. I'm a pet rat owner and feed native earth 4018 as their main diet and the best price is from pet360.com

I prefer the make up of this food better than Mazuri. Native Earth is another name for Harlan teklad and is the same formula as 2018. 200lb is about 125
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bulk Rat Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulk Rat Food   Bulk Rat Food Empty

Back to top Go down

Bulk Rat Food
Page 1 of 1