VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The most mixed up problem...

Go down 
+6
smd58
smb2585
jw
Focal
leftoflarry
Jaded_Heart
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaded_Heart
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Jaded_Heart

The most mixed up problem...   Empty
PostSubject: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:53 am

So I live in the blue Ridge Mountain range, perfect herp range. Well I ran across a black ratsnake that was prolly around 3-4 ft, and was getting ready to snap some pics when a killer bumblebee came charging out from the depths of HADES at me. I instantly transformed into a "normal" girl, dropped the pretty snake's tail, and took off running. Embarassed

So, you see the problem? I vote we BAN bees, wasps, hornets, and also horseflies. They are a threat to the survival of bee-a-phobic herpers including, and probably limited to, myself! Facepalm
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/PrymalReptile
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:03 am

We should lobby congress to ban all bumblebees...well maybe just the killer bumblebees. I bet the snake was happy though. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:14 am

I think the human race is already heavily engaged in depleting the bee population. Too bad it's not misquitos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 11:05 am

Jaded_Heart wrote:
So, you see the problem?

Yep, and it ain't the bee cryingwithlaughter
Back to top Go down
Jaded_Heart
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Jaded_Heart

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 11:20 am

iagree I have no argument there. Maybe they should ban people who are afraid of little bugs with needles in their butts... especially those who are perfectly comfortable wrangling snakes with a multitude of needles in their mouth! My dilemma makes no logical sense whatsoever, but it sure makes herping a difficult task to take on!! No
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 11:34 am

I am mortified of bees and hornets and wasps and anything that can fly and sting me. I scream and run like a little girl too. I am allergic lol.

I really HATE mosquitos too. This will be our first year at the new house so I am curious to see how the mosquitos are. Our old house was horrible. I couldnt stand on the back porch to put the trash in the can without getting bit atleast 3 times, usually on my face and forehead. Our yard at the old house was very moist and you sunk when you walked in it.

I hate horseflies too. They are huge and creepy looking. I usually swat at them with whatever I have handy.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Have you ever seen a mahogany wasp? I don't have a picture but they make me run like a girl. They are mean bastards. I come across them down south when visiting family.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:30 pm

I dont get close enough to see what any of it is. If it flies, buzzes, and looks like it stings I run.
Back to top Go down
Jaded_Heart
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Jaded_Heart

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Agree. Run first. ask questions later. as far as I'm concerned, they're all "TRACKER JACKERS" until proven otherwise!!! (See The Hunger Games for definition)
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:43 pm

Focal wrote:
I think the human race is already heavily engaged in depleting the bee population. Too bad it's not misquitos.

I concur!!!!! Smile Especially about the mosquitos, but then without them the bat population would suffer and that's just unacceptable!
Back to top Go down
Jaded_Heart
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Jaded_Heart

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:45 pm

I thought Bats were more into Moths and such... Pardon my sounding retarded if this is totally off! scratch
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:21 am

I just prefer to not have to encounter any of them which is why I am more of an indoors kind of person lol. I had a bee buzzing around the tree where I park my car yesterday. When I left to go pick up dinner the dag on thing buzzed right by my ear. I ran into the street screaming and all the neighbors looked up from their yard work to stare... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:33 am

I'm calling HSUS on you bee hating people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:48 am

Carpenter Bees are the best. I don't think the males will sting you and I pet them all the time. They are definitely the freindliest bees I have come across.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Jaded_Heart
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Jaded_Heart

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:34 am

Yea males have no stinger but females do and u have to stare them in the face to tell them apart. Girls have black faces. Boys have a lil yellow square-ish dot on their face
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 12:03 pm

[img]The most mixed up problem...   Bee_sting_allergic_reaction2[/img]
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 12:54 pm

......WOW

has anyone every played borebee badminton? its prety entertaining
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 3:35 pm

The most mixed up problem...   981089
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:15 pm

Those pics look really funny, in a painfully freakish sort of way Smile

The bats where I live do eat moths and other flying insects, but from what I am told they love to eat mosquitos. I suppose what they eat differ with the species, but we have Hoary and Eastern Red bats where I live. I leave the outside lights on at dusk and night time becasue they come eat the bugs around the lights and the mosquitos (which we hae a lot of!!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most mixed up problem...    The most mixed up problem...   Empty

Back to top Go down

The most mixed up problem...
Page 1 of 1